Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mommy Short Cuts - Help?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:15 PM
  • 6 Replies
So my family very quickly went from a family of 4 generally independent people to a family of 6. The newbie is 8 weeks old and the other is a toddler and I'm having a difficult time getting things done without stress and frustration. DH is gone from early morning to late at night. My 2 oldest help with dishes and the floors but I'd like to know what short cuts some of you mommies have around the house - like the mom who puts her dinner in tubberware then just puts on the lids and pops them in the fridge for a quick clean up when they're done. What do you mommies with big families do to make things easier on you?
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
NatVer
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:21 PM
Bump
mary716
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:23 PM
Freezer meals, try to do one or two loads of laundry a day so it doesnt heap up on you, have a small daily routine for cleaning thay after a while it will come naturally and take no time at all, do one big clean up at night when all the kidlets are in bed.
NatVer
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:24 PM
I definitely need to do something with my laundry schedule lol thanks!

Quoting mary716: Freezer meals, try to do one or two loads of laundry a day so it doesnt heap up on you, have a small daily routine for cleaning thay after a while it will come naturally and take no time at all, do one big clean up at night when all the kidlets are in bed.
xtwistedxlovex
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:25 PM
I recently learned it is much quicker to hang shrts if you pull them all over your arm (with the collar end toward your wrist) and then pull them off onto hangers one at a time. I used to lay them flat in a stack and put the hangers in that way, then move them all to the closet; I wasted so much time doing that!
mary716
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:26 PM
Oh and hang straight from the dryer instead of folding them then hanging later.

Quoting xtwistedxlovex: I recently learned it is much quicker to hang shrts if you pull them all over your arm (with the collar end toward your wrist) and then pull them off onto hangers one at a time. I used to lay them flat in a stack and put the hangers in that way, then move them all to the closet; I wasted so much time doing that!
NatVer
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Giving this a shot today! Thanks!

Quoting xtwistedxlovex: I recently learned it is much quicker to hang shrts if you pull them all over your arm (with the collar end toward your wrist) and then pull them off onto hangers one at a time. I used to lay them flat in a stack and put the hangers in that way, then move them all to the closet; I wasted so much time doing that!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)