Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? Friend owing rent for 2 months to you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
A friend of mine has been staying with me. She got social assistance and they were paying her May rent and June, they allow 645.00 for rent and she got rent cheque today in the mail for that amount and she hasn't gotten anything for May yet... She agreed she'd pay 600 per month and help on grocerys... I feel bad taking 600 from her and taking away from her kids but at same time she agreed WWYD... What you just tell her to pay what she can or take the full 600 ( she owes me for May and June now)... I feel mean and greedy
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:13 PM
How can she ever move out if you are taking her almost full check?
Have her buy groceries and pay half the electri and water.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:15 PM
6 moms liked this

That was your first mistake.

Quoting Anonymous: A friend of mine has been staying with me. She got social assistance and they were paying her May rent and June, they allow 645.00 for rent and she got rent cheque today in the mail for that amount and she hasn't gotten anything for May yet... She agreed she'd pay 600 per month and help on grocerys... I feel bad taking 600 from her and taking away from her kids but at same time she agreed WWYD... What you just tell her to pay what she can or take the full 600 ( she owes me for May and June now)... I feel mean and greedy

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:16 PM
They give her a seperate amount for food clothes etc... Once she finds her own place they'll pay dd and rent.

Quoting Anonymous: How can she ever move out if you are taking her almost full check?
Have her buy groceries and pay half the electri and water.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:16 PM
I was just trying to help

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Quoting Anonymous: A friend of mine has been staying with me. She got social assistance and they were paying her May rent and June, they allow 645.00 for rent and she got rent cheque today in the mail for that amount and she hasn't gotten anything for May yet... She agreed she'd pay 600 per month and help on grocerys... I feel bad taking 600 from her and taking away from her kids but at same time she agreed WWYD... What you just tell her to pay what she can or take the full 600 ( she owes me for May and June now)... I feel mean and greedy

stormborn
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:17 PM

Is your rent $1200 a month? On a two bedroom place? If not then you should feel bad.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:18 PM
It's 1200 plus utilities 3 bedroom.

Quoting stormborn:

Is your rent $1200 a month? On a two bedroom place? If not then you should feel bad.

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this

...and look where it has gotten you. You will probably lose a friendship now over this. Lesson learned. Perhaps you could have helped in other ways instead of offering your home.  

Quoting Anonymous: I was just trying to help
Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM
She was homeless but yes it's making it akward

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

...and look where it has gotten you. You will probably lose a friendship now over this. Lesson learned. Perhaps you could have helped in other ways instead of offering your home.  

Quoting Anonymous: I was just trying to help
Quoting MrsDavidB25:

stormborn
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM

If she is using one bedroom and you have two then she should only be paying $400.

Quoting Anonymous: It's 1200 plus utilities 3 bedroom.
Quoting stormborn:

JalynSpoon
by CajunTarHeel on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:20 PM

I agree, it should be $400 a month. 

Quoting stormborn:

If she is using one bedroom and you have two then she should only be paying $400.

Quoting Anonymous: It's 1200 plus utilities 3 bedroom.
Quoting stormborn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)