Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Burnt out on household chores and dh won't help!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
I am so burnt out on household chores. I do all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, yard work, shopping and childcare for the house. I also work 2 nights (11pm-7:30 am) which those day I get absolutely no sleep and go to school full time online for my Bachelors. We have a 4 year old. My husband works 45-50 hours a week and comes home to either be on the phone or computer or goes out with friends. I have to beg him to come to our sons tball games. I have to get really pissed off in order for him to pick up after himself (the last time he realized I was super pissed about him leaving his shoes in the middle of the living room after many warnings he found them in the middle of our huge rosé bush in the front yard). How do I change this? Anytime I bring up him to do more he says he works more hours and school isn't that bad nor does it count for work. Ugh
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
quinnsmom715
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:27 PM

stop doing things for him.no cooking or laundry..

gkcathey
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:35 PM

That would not fly at our house - even when I was a SAHM exclusively.  Everyone pulls their own weight.  Stop doing his laundry and cleaning up after him.  Take care of you and your 4 year old.  The house will get very messy, but so be it.   The yard will look terrible, let it go.  He will throw a fit, like the child that he's acting like, and just tell him that you aren't the maid and you can't do everything. 

mommy_me
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 2:38 PM
You can't change him. Accept it or realize your son deserves better and move on
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)