Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My confession

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:15 PM
  • 19 Replies

I do not want to go to my sons play tonight. He is so excited for it too. But, they end of the year shows take forever and are so boring. Even worse, it's in French so I won't even understand it. And I have to keep a two year old quiet through the whole thing.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grapesandwrath
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Are you going? Or are you just not going to go just because you dont want to? 

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Lol. I won't pretend to look forward to every little play, ceremony and band concert, myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:17 PM
That does not sound fun. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chibee
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:18 PM

Don't let your son know that you feel that way. 

suzanneyea
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:20 PM
3 moms liked this

Of course I'm going! Not going is not even an option. And I will be there with a big smile on my face too. Ice cream after to celebrate. But, inside, I would rather be watching the Walking Dead at home.

Quoting grapesandwrath:

Are you going? Or are you just not going to go just because you dont want to? 

yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:20 PM

My dad never went to any of my band concerts when I was in middle/high school. It didn't really bother me at the time but I did notice that he did made it to every sports game my brother was in. I could care less now lol. 

In.The.Abstract
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:22 PM
2 moms liked this

j/k 

suzanneyea
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:26 PM

My son would die if I did not show up for his stuff.

Quoting yummypeaches:

My dad never went to any of my band concerts when I was in middle/high school. It didn't really bother me at the time but I did notice that he did made it to every sports game my brother was in. I could care less now lol. 

yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:28 PM

I think my brother would have been really upset if my parents didn't go to his stuff too. I wasn't really bothered though so I understood. But I wouldn't do that with my own kids. If I go to one kid's stuff then I have to go to the other kid's stuff too lol. 

Quoting suzanneyea:

Quoting yummypeaches:

suzanneyea
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:31 PM

I do enjoy a lot of his stuff, but there is so much! Hockey games, soccer games, school stuff. This play just seems like it will be really boring. And I feel horrible saying that cause he is so frickin excited for it!

Quoting yummypeaches:

I think my brother would have been really upset if my parents didn't go to his stuff too. I wasn't really bothered though so I understood. But I wouldn't do that with my own kids. If I go to one kid's stuff then I have to go to the other kid's stuff too lol. 

Quoting suzanneyea:

Quoting yummypeaches:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)