Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am tired of being told I am doing wrong and that everything is my fault.....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I met this guy and we were just friends for the longest time. When I needed someone to go to regarding my relationship with my now ex, he was there for me. My past four year relationship with ex was hell. He let his family walk all over me and use me, he cheated on me +3 times, and he went around telling people that he didnt want to be with me. I finally decided I was going to leave him -- and so I did. I was very honest and told him that I no longer felt that way about him and I was looking to move on.

Then this guy admitted to having feelings for me. I admitted to having feelings for him. We agreed to hang out for 6 months to a year and see if we still felt the same about each other. So every weekend we go out, have dinner, go to the tea bar and grab a drink, shoot some pool, watch a movie, or walk around downtown. We have been doing this since April 10th.

But now my friends and family are treating me like I am doing something wrong. I keep getting the "cant you work it out, he still loves you" speech. I keep getting treated like a cheater when I didnt cheat. I keep getting treated like I am incompetent or unable to make a good decision for myself.

I feel like everyone wants me to go back to him and be unhappy -- or go back to him and cheat (which I would never do).
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
annieb863
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Don't worry about what everyone else thinks you should do, you do what's right for your happiness.
Lilith23
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Well isn't it just your luck that they don't decide for you :D
soooooaawwoooooow, like you said; it isn't an option going back, your family will get over it.
Unless you are the type to be walked over and follow every single thing the world tells you to do.
Be a big girl, look them in the eyes and tell them "no", be happy, be in love, and be respected.
Don't go back.
bothsidesofcoin
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Some of my family members said the same thing when I left my ex. We had two kids together. However, they didn't live with what I did every day. I had enough. You need to do what is right for you and live your life. You will never make everyone happy
Tuned.Out
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:24 PM

What others want doesn't matter. In this life, what you want and what makes you happy is what matters.  Others who are not going to be in the relationship, their opinions about said relationship mean squat.

GamerMomma2
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:26 PM

Sounds like my ex DH and my best friend. When best friend and I got together, everyone hated us. Long story. We've been together over 10 years and are married. Do what makes you happy. Fuck everyone else.

MicheleJM
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:27 PM

It's possible that they think she is on the rebound or making another mistake.  Personally I think dating so soon after the end of a relationship is a bad thing to do. That's my personal opinion and maybe the family feels the same.  But yes she has to say look..I heard your side.  I've taken it into consideration and I disagree with you.  Now please let it go...it's my life and I'm not going back.  Leave it alone.

Quoting Lilith23: Well isn't it just your luck that they don't decide for you :D soooooaawwoooooow, like you said; it isn't an option going back, your family will get over it. Unless you are the type to be walked over and follow every single thing the world tells you to do. Be a big girl, look them in the eyes and tell them "no", be happy, be in love, and be respected. Don't go back.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jun. 2, 2014 at 3:31 PM
Always reply to their comments with "not your business" then change subjects. Dont entertain their opinions.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)