Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there anything I can do? Tired of minding my own business...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies

The guy who lives behind me constantly fights with his gf. They are both drunks and he is yelling at all hours of the day and night. I don't think it's against the law to yell in your own home but I'm sick of keeping my doors and windows closed. I don't want to go over there while he is drunk because I doubt he cares what anyone thinks. He is a giant prick and I wish his gf would just leave him because then maybe he'd shut up. My dh says to mind my own business but I would like to enjoy my backyard one of these days! Does anyone have any experience in this area? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chibee
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:06 PM

Check with code enforcement.   If nothing else, I'd get pissed if my kids had to hear all that yelling.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:07 PM
Nothing you can do unless its after noise ordinance hours.
GamerMomma2
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:14 PM
1 mom liked this

You could call police for domestic disturbance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:16 PM

Quoting Chibee:

Check with code enforcement.   If nothing else, I'd get pissed if my kids had to hear all that yelling.  

That's my main concern. My dd is 7 and she was outside coloring and came in and asked me what "do you want the D" means. Do you know where I could find this information? I'm trying to search for it but I'm not finding anything about noise codes. Just building codes lol 

momasaurus420
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:16 PM
What she said :)

Quoting GamerMomma2:

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Record him from your property amd then sue him for quality of life issues
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:17 PM
Or at least disturbing the peace? I'm sure it's not a serious charge but maybe they'd get the message after a few time lol.

Quoting GamerMomma2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Quoting Anonymous: Nothing you can do unless its after noise ordinance hours.

He's listening to a Steve Miller song and instead of "keep rocking me baby" he's yelling "keep fucking me baby" at the top of his lungs outside on his balcony. I hope the next time he goes out for a smoke a colony of killer bees attacks him lol 

annieb863
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Just call your local law enforcements non emergency number. They give you info about noise ordinance and you can probably explain the situation and see what can be done.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Chibee:

That's my main concern. My dd is 7 and she was outside coloring and came in and asked me what "do you want the D" means. Do you know where I could find this information? I'm trying to search for it but I'm not finding anything about noise codes. Just building codes lol 

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:18 PM

You can make a noise complaint.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)