Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think if

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:19 PM
  • 16 Replies
You work in fast food, or any restaurant that has take out, and someone orders a lot of food but only one drink? Do you think it's all for them? Do you judge more if it's an overweight person?
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Heisenberg
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was busy working at restaurants, I never took the time to think about people's to go orders. I just wanted them out of the window so I could get my customers served.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
People don't usually get drinks with their takeout where I work. That said, I've seen some BIIGGG boys n girls chow down on ridiculous amounts of food...and some really sexy, muscular guys do the same ;)

I judge...cringe first, then judge lol
lexiloo714
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:24 PM
Typically when SO and I go out we'll order food for the both of us and only one drink for him. I always always always have a water bottle on me and I like to save money by bringing my own. Or if we are taking it home we'll both have drinks at home.
Punchyobuns
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:24 PM
I don't think anything. Fast food isn't filling, if I wanted to get full on mcdonalds I'd need like four cheeseburgers. Which is why it's awful for you lol.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:25 PM
This. When I was a manager at McDonald's, I couldn't care less who got how much.

Quoting Heisenberg:

When I was busy working at restaurants, I never took the time to think about people's to go orders. I just wanted them out of the window so I could get my customers served.

Heisenberg
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:26 PM

I'm thinking back to how many times I had to check to make sure everything was in the order. Who has time to judge?

Quoting Danesmommy1: This. When I was a manager at McDonald's, I couldn't care less who got how much.
Quoting Heisenberg:

WillsMOM72
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:27 PM
I wouldn't think anything. I order a lot of food for my family then order just myself a drink because I'm thirsty. They can drink what I have at home.
T-Rentsmommy06
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:27 PM
I know I personally order food for everyone, get a drink for my boys to share and I drink water at home. So I order food for 4 or 5 and one drink. So I would think nothing.
Idntreallycare
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:28 PM

no, I don't really pay that much attention to what other people order (I don't work fast food, but had in the past). I'll order a bunch of food and bring it home for my husband and son, but usually just one drink because we have drinks at home. Sometimes I don't order any drink at all, but if I'm thirsty at the time I will.

MrsViau
by PinkGiraffe on Jun. 2, 2014 at 4:28 PM

That happened to my sister. Lol. Our mom was in the hospital and we went to Del Taco and ordered a bunch of food, everyone had drinks at the hospital but me since I showed up late after work. She ordered all this food and then asked for a large diet coke. When she pulled up to the window I hid and they just gave her the weirdest look. Lol. 6 bags of food and a diet coke later, we had a good laugh. There was about 10 of us at the time because my mom was really ill so we all basically lived at the hospital. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)