Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He scares me...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

I love DH to death and most times we have a great relationship. But he has anger issues that I don't know what to do about. He does things and doesn't even realize he's doing it. I'm scared he's really going to hurt me one day. He put a hole in our bedroom door last night...

Any of you experience this? What should I do?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OMGLasersPOWPOW
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:22 PM
It's only going to get worse unless he gets some help.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:22 PM
Therapy now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:29 PM

The worst is he's going into the military. I know he doesn't want to hurt me but sometimes in the moment, I think he will...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:30 PM
And you still married him...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:32 PM

Yes I have. My husband does it when he drinks liquor. I just gave him an ultimatum this past weekend and told him if I see him drinking another beer or any alcohol for that matter...that I am out of there. I told him he would never see me again because since we have no kids together, we have no ties together. He says he will stop. We shall see.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:54 PM

I didn't know when I married him. Appreciate your snap judgment though, anonymous. ;) 

Quoting Anonymous: And you still married him...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Mine doesn't drink though... You'd think it with as pissed off as he gets. I've never been so violent in my life as how he gets.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I have. My husband does it when he drinks liquor. I just gave him an ultimatum this past weekend and told him if I see him drinking another beer or any alcohol for that matter...that I am out of there. I told him he would never see me again because since we have no kids together, we have no ties together. He says he will stop. We shall see.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:56 PM
My ex was the same way. Never hit me or the kids but busted holes in walls, doors, dented the fridge. He would just be completely out of control with his anger. When he wasn't angry he was an awesome guy but eventually I couldn't handle the chaos and mood swings or having him lose it in front of the kids. We were together for seven years.
ramita
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:58 PM
Could be depression. I know when I've dealt with depression I get really angry, and I 'snap' a lot. I would ask he sees a therapist. If its not depression then he has some underlying issues that need to be resolved.
wooly
by Knitting Maniac on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:00 PM

Leave. I wouldn't live in fear. If you're afraid of him think of how your kids must feel! Sounds like he needs anger management classes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)