Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DD will not be attending her own birthday party....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
1 mom liked this

Long story short my DD just turned 16. We have her party planned and set up for this weekend. We are having a large get together for all her friends and family at the lake and then after she was going to have a sleepover with some of her closer friends

We were all really excited until we found out she not only had a secret cell phone but she was also sexting and send nude pictures. This is a very serious offense and even could put her in jail. We took the phone and as of now she is being put on total lockdown including not going to her party. Her biggest argument was that all her friends and family were excited and it wasnt fair to them that we cancelled it. So we decided not too. 

I sent out an email and called everyone who was invited letting them know that due to some personal issues my DD would not be at the party but everyone was still welcome to come to the lake if they still wanted too.

She will be at home with her aunt (who hates the lake and doesnt want to go anyway) 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WesternNYmom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:27 PM
9 moms liked this

Good for you. Hopefully, this will be a lesson learned.

themaurer7
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:29 PM
Good for you for standing your ground. Hope she learned her lesson. Does she have any idea how lucky she is that nothing happened to her and that she could still easilt find her pics all over the internet.
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:30 PM
Sounds good to me.
silverthreads
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Good decision.  Tough love needed here.  Glad you found out about all of it and you can help her before she gets into bad situations.  GL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:31 PM

Well we have no clue if her pics are on the internet....that would be horrifying but it would be even worse for her to be charged and go to jail. 

Quoting themaurer7: Good for you for standing your ground. Hope she learned her lesson. Does she have any idea how lucky she is that nothing happened to her and that she could still easilt find her pics all over the internet.

69liliem10
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Good. 

I'd do the same. 

My aunt did that too, last year when my cousin turned 16. She was having this huge blowout for her, and then the week before the party my cousin showed up at home very intoxicated. My aunt called everyone and straight up said - since A____ thinks she is smart enough to drive home drunk her first week of being 16, she's no longer having a party. However, family are invited to come over and hang out, eat the food, and drink the soda while A____ sits in her room. 

My cousin hasn't driven home drunk since, not that she could, they sold her car and took her DL away. But still, she's been on the straight and narrow for a while now.

Heaven127
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:32 PM
11 moms liked this

I vote you mama of the year!!!!!!

I hope the party is a smash hit & you have lots of fun.

Take lots of silly pics too. Maybe you should be wearing the sweet 16 sash in some of the photos!

Dang mama... you rock!

you rock

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Good for you. You're absolutely correct in doing this. She needed this.
Bethsunshine
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:33 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't blame you one bit but be prepared to get ripped apart by the sanctimommies who are going to tell you how horrible you are!

Good luck with everything!  I hope you can get your daughter on the right track.

themaurer7
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:34 PM
Does she realize the seriousness of what she has done? Was the guy older? Does he know she is only 15-16?

Quoting Anonymous:

Well we have no clue if her pics are on the internet....that would be horrifying but it would be even worse for her to be charged and go to jail. 

Quoting themaurer7: Good for you for standing your ground. Hope she learned her lesson. Does she have any idea how lucky she is that nothing happened to her and that she could still easilt find her pics all over the internet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)