Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just got out of the mental hospital..trigger warning.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies
I was admitted for trying to cut my wrist. My husband busted down the bathroom door before I could do anything. I was awake for 48 hours straight and was hearing voices and seeing people that weren't there. I was diagnosed with PTSD, bipolar, and boarder line personality disorder. I am now feeling better and on a combination of meds.I will be seeing a therapy doctor twice a week. If you have blp disorder, what is your story with it?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinchofCrazy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:35 PM
I have borderline personality disorder. I've never hallucinated or heard voices.
CaliUnicorn
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:36 PM

Sounds like a psychotic break. My mother has BPD. It's terrible. I don't think there are any effective therapies or treatments for it. She was awful my whole life. I hope you can get your issues under control. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM
I have a close friend who is bipolar and has BLPD; it's not so fun. There is no sense of personal responsibility, no seeing how his words/actions affect a given situation...and then, of course, there are the lovely mood swings!! He is very, very intelligent though (some good conversations) so I just deal with it!
69liliem10
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:39 PM

How long were you in? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I was in a place for a week after attempting suicide. ( I took a whole bottle of Xanax ) after being on a ventilator and a coma for 3 days , waking up in the hospital freaked me out. I was told I was on a hold due to suicide attempt. I was driven by a state trooper to the rehab center. ( it had different wings for different issues )
It was the most embarrassing time of my life. When my DH and middle child picked me up I felt like a piece of crap. I didn't even know what to say to my son. ( our 6 month old was with Dh's mom )

I had very bad PPD and was already on Zoloft. Told my dr it wasn't really making any difference. He put me on Paxil. It all went down hill from there. I was told in the facility that I was bipolar because I had depression and anxiety. They put me on lamictal .

3 1/2 yrs later I still have anxiety and depression but have been able to manage it .

Good luck to you OP. PLEASE FIGHT OFF THE URGES. . Your children love , need and want you in their lives.
pinchofCrazy
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Didn't mean to come off rude. It's hard to explain. I get mood swings; at times, I feel like I'm watching myself from the outside. I push people away but I hate being alone. It's a vicious cycle.

Quoting pinchofCrazy: I have borderline personality disorder. I've never hallucinated or heard voices.
Chibee
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:45 PM

I hope you can get help without being turned into a chemistry set.   good luck,

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:50 PM
I have bipolar, ptsd, anxiety and drug induced schizophrenia. I take lexapro, xanax and halldol. As long as I stay on my meds i'm good.
ChunkyMonkey25
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
DBT

Quoting CaliUnicorn:

Sounds like a psychotic break. My mother has BPD. It's terrible. I don't think there are any effective therapies or treatments for it. She was awful my whole life. I hope you can get your issues under control. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:54 PM

why do you have ptsd?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)