Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DD Skipping School

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:35 PM
  • 7 Replies

I think I'm going to let my DD (age 7) skip school tomorrow.  I'm off & she only has 1 week left.  She just finished reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid & wants to get another book.  I have to go into town tomorrow for an eye doctor appointment, I am thinking I'll surprise her & we can just make a day of it!

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
raegansmom
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:41 PM

:o)

Chibee
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:42 PM

will she WANT to miss one the last days?   i always thought those were fun days....

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:43 PM
Next week she'll be off for good.

In my house we make school attendance a priority.
maureen813
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:44 PM

Are you looking for validation, opinion, reaction, debate or all of the above? Just do what you think is best for her..parents used their own judgment for hundreds of years before the arrival of the internet!

raegansmom
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:44 PM

She's advanced & bored in school on a good day.  Unfortunately, they don't start gifted classes until 4th grade.  I was just teaching her fractions at the counter a few minutes ago.  She will be thrilled to go get the book & hang with her mama.  If for some reason she wanted to go to school instead, I would of course let her.

Quoting Chibee:

will she WANT to miss one the last days?   i always thought those were fun days....

Runner36
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:44 PM

I was just thinking the same thing.  We made and offer to both of our boys to finish the school year 2 weeks early (since we are moving and have some leway when we leave) and they BOTH declined saying they really wanted to be in school!  LOL  I was like...SERIOUSLY????  At least I taught them well ;)

Have fun tomorrow if  you do suprise her!  

Quoting Chibee:

CafeMom Tickers
raegansmom
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:48 PM

She will be off in a week, but I will be working.  The only school she's missed this year was a week when she had double eye surgery.  She rarely gets sick.  So I figured a day out with me would fun for her (and me!). 

Quoting Anonymous: Next week she'll be off for good. In my house we make school attendance a priority.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)