Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? I'm pretty angry.

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:36 PM
  • 15 Replies

Ok, so I work 2 jobs. One is 5 days a week, the other 2 days I spend at one I hate, but it pays the bills. Either way, I'm manic depressant and bipolar and a few months ago I finally made the decision to start on some medication,  which has been great for me. Every couple weeks I speak with a counselor, answer some questions and see where my depression is sitting. My score for this has doubled in the past month so she basically told me I need to get a day off a week because I'm driving myself insane. So I told my boss that I would like Thursdays off from now on and explained why. Come to find out today, (an employee called me), shes telling everyone that I need Thursdays off to go she a psychiatrist. Now, I am very open about my mental issues, I am not ashamed of them and don't feel like I need to be. But it isn't even true, not to mention not her place to say anything to anyone if it were. As the general manager I'm shocked that she is  so unprofessional and disrespectful, not to mention stupid. I used to work there 60 hours a week long before she came along, shes there because I chose school over her position so you think she'd know that it would get back to me from coworkers I've know for years. Alright, I'm done.....

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM
You needent have explained why you needed the day off other then "on the advice of my dr"
mantyangel
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:39 PM

That is not appropriate at all.  I would be angry too.

Hazelnutkin
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:40 PM

That sucks!

CaliUnicorn
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:41 PM

manic depressive IS bipolar. Manic depressive is no longer used as a medical term. I would calmly expain to my boss why that was not very sensitive and even unprofessional and to please keep personal issues private from now on. Are you being granted your request?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:42 PM
You're "manic depressant and bipolar." Is that not like saying you live in a bigness, huge house? There's no way that was a doctors official diagnosis.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:42 PM

That constitutes a hostile work environment.

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:42 PM

I'd be pissed too.

When I found out I was pregnant one of the managers at my then-job knew but I specifically asked her not to tell anyone. She told everyone and screamed at me on the sales floor when I confronted her (nicely) about it.

The DM was called in and she hated me even more when the DM told her they'd choose me over her lol.

crysiann
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Go to whoever is above her and talk with them about how she broke confidentiality.
aflekool427
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:43 PM

I know I didn't have to, I chose to though. Scheduling has been tight so I felt bad.

Quoting peanutsmommy1: You needent have explained why you needed the day off other then "on the advice of my dr"

Sharbear42371
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 5:47 PM

I would be pissed as well.  I would file a complaint with HR right away.  She would be fired for that at many professional places.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)