Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how long?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

My daughter is 18 months old. She hasn't been feeling well since friday afternoon. She has been running a low fever since then. She also is refusing to eat anything at all. She has been drinking a lot tho. She is very fussy and just wants to be held.  I have been giving her motrin and tylenol to help bring down the fever. But was just wondering if this is normal and how long should I wait before I should start to worry. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:50 PM

bump

peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Four days of a fever warrants a trip to the dr to me
ramita
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:53 PM
She is still going through diapers like normal? If so then I wouldn't deal with ER, but I would put in a call to her pediatrician first thing in the morning if it continues through the night. Isthere a chance she's teething? I know this causes some babies a lit of discomfort. It could also be an ear infection. Have you noticed her messing with her ears lately? Hope she feels better soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:55 PM

thank you. she has had fevers in the past. for only for like a day or 2. never anything this long. I will call her pediatrician in the morning if she still has fever and is not feeling well. 

Quoting peanutsmommy1: Four days of a fever warrants a trip to the dr to me

PeppermintyTea
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:57 PM
I agree with maybe an ear infection, I'd take her in to pedi tomorrow if she isn't feeling better.
i.love.my.life
by Arika on Jun. 2, 2014 at 6:57 PM
Is she teething or recently had shots?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:03 PM

diapers still normal. I not sure what it is. I looked in her mouth, and I do see a few new teeth poking thru. So I suppose it could be that. but she has never been fussy like this when she has teeth coming thru before tho. but could still be it. She had an ear infection back in april, so I suppose it could be that as well. she is just really lethargic. she just wants to be held. she is rejecting all food and her favorite toys. she is just not her normal self at all. if she still not feeling well in morning, I'll call her pediatrician. 

Quoting ramita: She is still going through diapers like normal? If so then I wouldn't deal with ER, but I would put in a call to her pediatrician first thing in the morning if it continues through the night. Isthere a chance she's teething? I know this causes some babies a lit of discomfort. It could also be an ear infection. Have you noticed her messing with her ears lately? Hope she feels better soon.

Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:05 PM
I think it's time to see the pedi. I hope she feels better soon.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:05 PM

I was hoping she would feel better by now. But she still pretty miserable. I'll call her pediatrician first thing in the morning. I worried that she hasn't had anything to eat since friday. She must be starving.

Quoting PeppermintyTea: I agree with maybe an ear infection, I'd take her in to pedi tomorrow if she isn't feeling better.

abecee
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:07 PM

I'd check with the doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)