Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I respect you if you do realize your "perfect" little snowflake DOES make mistakes, and acknowledge it publicly!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 53 Replies
13 moms liked this

We had a kid working at the store (18, so yeah, kid to me). Apparently, he had a falling out with a friend of his, and the guy called the store to inform us our employee was sliding merchandise (letting him take it without paying). So, I mentioned it to the manager. When the kid came in, mgr took him to the office, and the kid admitted doing it once (once is once too often). And, as it should, it cost him his job. After he got home, his mom called the store and asked for the mgr. He really thought she was gonna let him have it, but instead she thanked him for letting her son work there, apologized for what he did, and said she in no way condoned it, and hoped he learned a valuable lesson from it. I have MAD respect for this lady! More often than not, parents want to say their perfect little snowflake couldn't have possibly done something like that, and how DARE anyone even look crossways at them! So, this was a refreshing change.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ShoeStrings
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:23 PM

That's cool, I would have done the same thing. I totally know my kids do wrong and expect they are taught lessons anyway necessary. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:24 PM

Quoting ShoeStrings:

That's cool, I would have done the same thing. I totally know my kids do wrong and expect they are taught lessons anyway necessary. 

It's good that we don't always defend them, even when we KNOW they are wrong. Too many parents do, and all the kids learn is they can do what they want and not suffer any repercussions.

abecee
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't have called the store.

ShoeStrings
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting ShoeStrings:

It's good that we don't always defend them, even when we KNOW they are wrong. Too many parents do, and all the kids learn is they can do what they want and not suffer any repercussions.

Or refuse to respect anyone. Think they can get by with anything. This happens when parents refuse to discipline at home then carries over to the real world. I know a few people irl like this and it drives me nuts. But in the end, all it is doing is hurting the kid. If you don't allow them to suffer natural consequences and put real consequences in place for misbehaving (at every age), they will truly suffer as adults trying to adjust to the real world. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this
He is legally an adult and I think mom was stupid for calling...
BeAmour
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:29 PM
I'm the same way. I explained to DS' Kindergarten teacher prior to school that I wasn't one of those parents who thinks my kid can do no wrong. He's a kid....they all do wrong and for her to call me if there was anything that needed my help during class. She never did but there was a time I went to go pick him up early and she had told me that he wasn't behaving in art class. They were just walking out of art and lined up. He goes to an outside school where the halls are outside. I took his hand and we went back into the class and we spoke to the art teacher. He never misbehaved after that.
ER-momma
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:30 PM
While reading this I wasn't expecting to read she apologized for his behavior. That's awesome
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:30 PM
2 moms liked this
I just hate the term snowflake. Ugggh
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:30 PM

Quoting abecee:

I wouldn't have called the store.

Maybe you wouldn't, but she did, and I greatly respect  her for such.

Lilith23
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:30 PM
Oh we'll see, i have time and my perfect beautiful snowflaky is no where near doing something like that.
Well good for her and lets hope he learned his lesson.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)