Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How young is TOO young?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:35 PM
  • 70 Replies

Need an opinion...

Ds favorite band in the world is Linkin Park.. Ds knows just about every word to almost all of thier last album and several songs of thier previous albums... He heard me and dh talking about Linkin Park being in concert @ Jones Beach this year.. AND IMMEDIATELY the begging and pleading from ds to go ensued.

Ds will be 7y in July.. Im kinda on the fence about a 7y/o going to a concert...

I mean he will be accompanied by me and dh .. is he too young for his first concert?  Or do you think that being with both me an ddh, he would be ok to go?

FYI ds may be almost 7.. but he is def. beyond his years in maturity.. maybe more closer to a 9 10 11y...

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WillsMOM72
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:37 PM
I love linkin park but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't allow my almost 7 year old son to go. They say a lot of bad stuff in their songs. That's just my opinion.
The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:39 PM

Personally, I wouldn't do it unless it was an outdoor concert.

BekahBrownEyes
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:39 PM
Well do you think he can handle the crowd and noise level of their concerts. BTW they are FUCKING AWESOME live...I saw them in Houston a few years ago...one of the best bands I've seen live. But yeah...I'd worry he wouldn't be able to deal with the noise level.
gabeybaby07
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:40 PM

Im more concerned about the crowds and atmosphere... ive been a fan since i was a teen.. dh too... the content of the music doesnt bother me so much.. ds, knowing many of the lyrics, knows when to pause and change a cuss word to a kid friendly word... dh and i have bad mouths, we dont believe in censoring.. rather just teach ds not to say adult words

Quoting WillsMOM72: I love linkin park but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't allow my almost 7 year old son to go. They say a lot of bad stuff in their songs. That's just my opinion.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I know someone who took their seven year old to a Bruno Mars concert. They had a blast.

I'm sure your kid will be great.
Schauseil
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Uh, I wouldn't let a 7 year old listen to them period.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:41 PM
2 moms liked this
Linkin Park? Is it 2004 or something? God, they suck so hard.

I'd say no, on account of bad taste.
gypsysoule
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:41 PM

not a 7 year old to a linkin park concert.

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:41 PM
I love Linkin Park.
If you think he can handle it, take him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabeybaby07
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:41 PM

Jones Beach is an smpitheater.. its outdoors and on the beach

Quoting The_Doodle:

Personally, I wouldn't do it unless it was an outdoor concert.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)