Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unprotected sex causes pregnancy. Why should I give you stuff when you know sex can cause pregnancy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
1 mom liked this

I see this often on Facebook groups for my area.

If anybody has any baby stuff lying around that u dont want or need my dads wife just found out she is pregnant and they have nothing for a baby or much money so im trying to gather stuff up for them thanks in advance

OR

I'm due next week and I still need almost everything for my baby.

Come on... Married couples have sex (well most do anyway). Don't you know that unprotected sex causes pregnancy? In the above case he obviously knows because he has at least one child already. Now granted this is a daughter asking for her step mom but still. If you are going to have sex without birth control and without condoms unless you or your spouse are sterile you ARE going to get pregnant.

I'm sick of people going on Facebook groups and begging for stuff because they have nothing for their baby. You know what causes babies, use protection or birth control and you won't have trouble buying baby clothes, diapers, formula, etc. If you can't afford birth control then look around your community. There is some organization somewhere near you that provides birth control for free. I can guarantee it!

If you think 'I won't get pregnant' or 'I haven't gotten pregnant so far' you're an idiot!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brysonsmommy_10
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:48 PM
I agree. The only people that I give baby stuff to are family and close friends and even they don't ask. They wait until it's offered.
T-Rentsmommy06
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:49 PM
2 moms liked this
Eh, people need help from time to time. Don't want to help, don't.
autiemama516
by autismmommy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I have seen those posts. I give my things to Catholic Charities. I think a lot of people try to resell those things for money.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Why? Because you're a nice person who wants to make the world a nicer place?

Oh... nevermind.

MommeeTo4
by &1more on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:53 PM
I don't mind giving to those who really need help, but I don't like being told I have to help.

My moms friend messaged me on FB saying
That her dd is pregnant with a girl and I need to give her all of my baby stuff because it's new and I'm not using it now
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:54 PM
I agree with hating Facebook begging. I had one the other day where someone asked if people could fund then to go on a small vacation or help pay towards their medical bills so they could go in a vacation. What a shitty thing to do. Their medical bills were from the delivery of their last baby.
MotherOfBee
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:55 PM

I just read a post like that today on facebook lol. Someone was asking for stuff for a family member.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:55 PM
Accidents happen. My personal feelings is at least they are trying to get things for their child. They could not give a damn. I was a young teen mom. I used a condom it busted. I was not about to kill my baby though luckily I have a very supportive family and SO who has helped me. If I had to beg on Facebook to provide for my child I would. Just my opinion though.
curvygurl1912
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:56 PM
I don't mind helping others when I can. If you don't want to help, don't.
syanmomie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:57 PM
2 moms liked this

You don't know they were having unprotected sex. Maybe their bc failed. If you don't have the means to help, then don't, but don't judge. When I found out I was pregnant this time, my first question to the doctor was what the hell happened with my iud, dude? At which point he told me I didn't have one. I didn't expect to be pregnant, and thought we were protected. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)