Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hand, foot, and mouth disease

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:29 PM
  • 15 Replies

My poor baby has it. He looks like crap. Seems to feel fine though.

any experience?

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernwldchld
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:31 PM

Poor kiddo! My 7 yo had it last year, she was miserable and it took a few weeks before she got her energy levels back. 

VirgoMom07
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Poor baby. DS got it when he was 5. It was really rough for a few days. It makes their throat hurt so bad. Lots of Popsicles and snuggles help! Hope your LO feels better soon!
T-Rentsmommy06
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:32 PM
Poor kid. My kids haven't gotten it but it is running rampant around here and actually had some fatalities (not the norm). Hope they feel better soon!!
lilmama31709
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:33 PM
My DS had it twice. Yuck. They feel better pretty quick though.
yperez0209
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:33 PM
We've had that in our house as well. There's really not much to do but let it run it's course. Give her pain meds and keep her or him hydrated. Does your child have it in all three places? The doc will say that adults don't usually catch it but my husband did and he was a mess also. So wash your hands well.
themaurer7
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:34 PM
My ds had it when he was about 18-20 mo old. It was awful. The recommended popsicles and coating his tongue with maalox. This was about 11 yrs ago. None of it helped. It was hard watching him suffer and be so miserable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Yea my ds had it a year ago he had the bumps really bad all up his legs but luckily not really any in his mouth. He didn't hardly anything for a few days but he drank plenty. He was fine. He just recently got over fifth disease
mary716
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:35 PM
My son had a mild case of it when he was 4, he passed it to his cousin and he ended up with blisters all in his mouth. If you dont know how it's contracted, I wont tell you lol its really freaking gross. It should clear up in a few days
suzanneyea
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:36 PM

He has a lot on his butt. I had a sore throat last night, but am fine today. He seems happy as a clam

wamom223
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:36 PM

A friend of mine's child has it.  I had never even heard of it before.  Where did yours pick it up?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)