Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How f***ing stupid can you be!??!!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:34 PM
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

I live in Phoenix. It was 110 degrees outside today. If children and animals die in hot cars when its 75 degrees outside, how fucking moronic can one be to think it's ok to leave them in vehicles in this heat??? Another dog has died because of their owners stupidity. It breaks my heart how often this happens here every...single...summer. The dog was saved in time to have a little water but died soon after. There HAS to be harsher punishment for this. I don't understand why it's taking this long for it to become a serious offense to do these things to animals. 

Vent over.

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:35 PM
That is so sad. :(
misskriss10
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:36 PM
So sad :(
Dee0886
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:42 PM

It really is. And it happens ALL the time. Like people never learn. It blows my mind how many neglectful heat related deaths there are here. It's not like you can forget its 110 degrees outside you know? 

Quoting Anonymous: That is so sad. :(

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:42 PM

Yep. Happens all the time. I am in AZ too.

craazycuckoo
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:43 PM

If I see a dog in a car, and it's hot, I will break windows.

People are stupid.  Most people see dogs as things.  They don't care.

shorty00207450
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:44 PM

who found the dog

wamom223
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:46 PM

The last restaurant I worked in actually refused service to someone because she'd left her dog in the car on a hot day.  We were getting a ton of complaints and offered to let her eat on the patio where she could tie her dog just outside the eating area but she threw a fit and left.

My dogs love car rides but they don't typically get them when it's either too hot or too cold.  If we are just picking someone up or something that is one thing but I would never leave my fur babies in a hot car.  I think it is animal abuse and should be handled accordingly.  

teri4lance
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:47 PM

I can't fathom how anyone doesn't know better by now? 

Dee0886
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Just someone walking by the car. It wasn't even barking or moving around. I guess they just looked in and saw it laying there. It just happened so the story is still developing. They've "detained" the owners it looks like.

Quoting shorty00207450:

who found the dog

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:52 PM

Side note:  If you come across a severely dehydrated/overheated person or animal, DO NOT let them gulp water.  Offer small sips or rush to an ER/vet ASAP for IV fluids.  While the victim's first impulse is to gulp water, they are also likely suffering an electrolyte imbalance and throwing it off with regular water can prove fatal as well.  Heat stroke victims can also begin suffering from respiratory distress even after being rescued, so even if you get them out of the heat and they seem fine, unless it was a very mild case it's best to take them in to be checked just in case.  Even in a mild case, keep an eye on them for a while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)