Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Should I do? so frustrated. ETA

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:39 PM
  • 24 Replies

So recently my son has taken a liking to taking his diaper off and then pooping and peeing where ever he is when there was nothing wrong with the diaper. What should I do? Should I try potty training? any advice is appreciated.

ETA: How often should I take him to the potty? Should I do it around regular activities like after lunch, before breakfast?

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalalamama
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Potty training time
Lilfootmommy
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:41 PM

you think so? he's 22 months if that makes a difference

Quoting lalalamama: Potty training time

T-Rentsmommy06
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:42 PM
Put it on backwards. Usually I suggest putting footy pj's on backwards (with the feet cut out) but it is sorta hot for that. And potty training.
AjsMom0508
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Onesies or duct tape. I'd try potty training first but if he isn't interested or willing then the first two things are your best options.
Lilfootmommy
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:43 PM

My mom says it's karma, she used to do this with me but I always seemed to get it off anyways lol

Quoting T-Rentsmommy06: Put it on backwards. Usually I suggest putting footy pj's on backwards (with the feet cut out) but it is sorta hot for that. And potty training.

Sept-babies2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:43 PM
Put the diaoer in backwards..or duct tape. My dd did that at that age too. Drove me nuts lol but you could also get onsies that button at the bottom too. Or you could tty to potty train.
AmaliaD
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:44 PM
He doesn't want to soil himself anymore. Try to teach him to put it in the toilet. He's young but I wouldn't fight it.
Lilfootmommy
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:44 PM

we've been using duct tape on the front of his diaper. My mom had to do the same with me.

Quoting AjsMom0508: Onesies or duct tape. I'd try potty training first but if he isn't interested or willing then the first two things are your best options.

emandab
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:45 PM

Oh yeah, it's time!

Quoting Lilfootmommy:

you think so? he's 22 months if that makes a difference

Quoting lalalamama: Potty training time

T-Rentsmommy06
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:45 PM
Haha, yep. Karma. :) That is why the pj's on backwards is nice. Because they cannot get to the diaper. Good luck!

Quoting Lilfootmommy:

My mom says it's karma, she used to do this with me but I always seemed to get it off anyways lol

Quoting T-Rentsmommy06: Put it on backwards. Usually I suggest putting footy pj's on backwards (with the feet cut out) but it is sorta hot for that. And potty training.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)