Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

may have got the job I want :D

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:49 PM
  • 8 Replies
2 moms liked this
So I made a few resumes up today and figured hey, Im well dressed (had a meeting about having my mentorship papers signed) I might as well drop a few off.

First place I went to is the home support service I wanted since day one. Well they had me in the waiting area as soon as they saw my resume and interviewed me on the spot.

I did admit that I wasn't fully prepared because i didnt expect such a quick result (no notice to mentally prepare myself for an interview).

However it seemed to go well :) I informed them that I have not applied else where and that I will not be available until the 12th (for our trip)...they said that wouldnt be an issue and that orientation is next week (after they of course call one of my instructors to get their feedback - luckily that instructor and me are on excellent terms).

So YAY! This job has good shift wages (including 1.75 after 5:00pm shifts which most of your calls are because of split shifts, and another 1.75 if you work friday-Sunday) as well as you are unionized after x hours (people tend to get them in 3 months) with full benefits and a guaranteed weekend off each month.

Super excited especially after the hell week with my mentorship last week
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Loveavision
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:55 PM
That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. I'm going in the morning to apply for CNA classes!
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Good for you!
RalphsMommy123
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Congrats OP! I just finished my CNA classes. I take the state exam in sarurday. Im so nervous!

Quoting Loveavision: That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. I'm going in the morning to apply for CNA classes!
ninjakids
by Christina on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:57 PM
Good luck :))
Youre lucky too, isnt it 6 months in the states?

Quoting Loveavision: That's awesome! I'm so happy for you. I'm going in the morning to apply for CNA classes!
Famousglm714
by Gina on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Yay! That's great.
ninjakids
by Christina on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Our provincial isnt until the 26th, Im anxious as is, couldnt imagine if it was a week away.

Good luck! Rock that exam :)

Quoting RalphsMommy123: Congrats OP! I just finished my CNA classes. I take the state exam in sarurday. Im so nervous!

librarywizard
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:31 PM

Good luck!

mary716
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:32 PM
Woohoo congrats mama! Keep us posted!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)