Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm kicking my mother out for touching the AC

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
I am! I am DONE! I am SOOOO TIRED of her not respecting that I am a grown woman and this is MY House! She showed up on my door SIX months ago because she leaving her husband. Despite the fact that there is no space, she decided that her and my sisters would hop pn a plane all the way from another country without even the decency to call and ask if it was ok. It has now been SIX months and she has not budged! She turned my home office into my sisters bedroom despite the fact that my job requires that I work from home 4 days out of the week. She is from a tropical place so 80 degrees is cold to her . I asked her nicely to stop turning off the AC because #1 it's hot as hell and #2 it runs the bill up when she turns it off and it takes forever to cool. Ofcourse when I get home from work (since I have now gone back to the office since I no longer have one) the house is hot as he'll. I told her to stop turning the AC off and she has the nerve to tell me she's not a child. Well either am I ! Ishe is a religious fanatic so even when I am watching family guy she is bitching in the background that I should turn it off. She was nice enough 2 years ago to put my house in her name because I was in school and didn't have a job. She was living out of the country. Now she feels like because the house is in her name she can stay as long as she wants. I pay all the bills and everything in here I own. My husband has even moved in with a friend because he is tired of her shit. What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
notuseless
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:11 PM
6 moms liked this
I would have already had them put the house back in my name, it looks like you have been buying your mom a house.
zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Honestly, I would have her leave.

UnluckyCharms
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Quoting notuseless: I would have already had them put the house back in my name, it looks like you have been buying your mom a house.
TiffanyRose06
by Hufflepuff on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Move out and take everything with you

Unfortunately... technically... it's her house
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:13 PM

well, unfortunately your hands are tied if the house is in her name.  she's right, she can stay as long as she'd like, and she can even evict you.

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Your house is in her name? Holy shit, you're screwed.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Quoting notuseless: I would have already had them put the house back in my name, it looks like you have been buying your mom a house.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:14 PM

kick her ass out.

Foolynroo2
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:14 PM
4 moms liked this

I would stop paying my mothers bills and move out of my mothers house.

Rebecca7708
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
This. Good luck getting her out. It's not going to matter if you are the one paying. You need to find a way to live with her or consider it a loss and move out yourself.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)