Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pre-planning funerals

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
I know this is an odd topic and probably a trigger for some. But last week my daycare provider unexpectedly passed away. That was the first funeral that I've been to since I was about 9 years old.
After I had settled in to my seat and thought about how pretty she must look singing in the choir like the pastor said, I thought, "that could be me." I could be gone tomorrow. I have no plans at all for my funeral. Here I am 21 years old, waiting on 73 to start pre-planning a funeral that could really happen any day. But is this crazy of me to think? I'm sure people don't start planning this sort of thing until their mid 40's or start planning retirements, right?

So what age do you plan on planning your own funeral?

I feel ridiculous for even thinking of it now but is there really a normal time to plan an unpredictable event?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:14 PM
DH knows what I want done which is to be cremated. I don't want a funeral if they want to do something then I want a party. I would like them to plant a tree with my ashes. That is about it.
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:15 PM
Oh and you should be planning your retirement from the moment you start working.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:15 PM
I have one, I'm 24.
Medic32
by Go PREDS! on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:15 PM
We have both served overseas, so we pre-planned our funerals before that. Thankfully have had to use the plans yet. But everything is paid for and planned.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:17 PM
This is too morbid for me. The thought of dieing scares the crap out of me.
catngabsmom
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:17 PM

I don't have my funeral pre-planned, but I have made my wishes quite clear.

funlovinlady
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:18 PM

We have everything taken care of. You should also get a will ASAP.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:18 PM
I'm not trying to be nosy but is there an average ball park figure for how much pre-planning costs?

Quoting Medic32: We have both served overseas, so we pre-planned our funerals before that. Thankfully have had to use the plans yet. But everything is paid for and planned.
SaskMummy
by Mandy on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:19 PM
Me to

Quoting Anonymous: This is too morbid for me. The thought of dieing scares the crap out of me.
firespurity
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:19 PM
It's smart to make your basic wishes clear.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)