Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

let's Skype?! Do you have this issue?

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:29 PM
  • 8 Replies
Okay so Dh and I have been split since August, in the process of divorce. Anyways I'm on a couple dating websites and every once in a while I meet someone interesting and they ask to Skype. ( I'm not willing to meet someone in person without verifying who they are/look like).
The issue is....I spend the majority of my time staring at my own face in the little box making sure I'm looking decent lol. Am I alone in this?? Skype drives me crazy, how can I focus on the other person when I can clearly see myself !
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
yabbadabba07
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:47 PM
bump
yabbadabba07
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:47 PM
bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:48 PM
Yep. I hate skype
yabbadabba07
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:01 PM
For me it's a love/ Hate relationship. I love that it's available and easy. It has benefits but I feel awkward and like I said I pretty much just stare at myself.

Quoting Anonymous: Yep. I hate skype
ATG499
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:11 PM

I do that all the time too!! lmao

yabbadabba07
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:14 PM
So glad I'm not alone! I'm constantly scrutinizing my facial expressions and seeing if my hair looks messy lol

Quoting ATG499:

ATG499
by Platinum Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:15 PM

I've noticed Skype makes me look pretty damn fabulous though. It must be my laptop's 2mp camera.

Quoting yabbadabba07: So glad I'm not alone! I'm constantly scrutinizing my facial expressions and seeing if my hair looks messy lol
Quoting ATG499:

CafeMom Tickers CafeMom Tickers

(If you're on my Facebook, please don't say anything yet!!) 

yabbadabba07
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:18 PM
I've noticed the same lol, I still feel like Skype isn't a fair scope of how I actually look in real life! I try to occasionally throw that into the conversation, but heeey I look good on cam so I'll take the compliment regardless

Quoting ATG499:

I've noticed Skype makes me look pretty damn fabulous though. It must be my laptop's 2mp camera.

Quoting yabbadabba07: So glad I'm not alone! I'm constantly scrutinizing my facial expressions and seeing if my hair looks messy lol

Quoting ATG499:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)