Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ow my neck:( advice?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Long story short: I work security for outdoor concerts sometimes. I usually check ids & help prevent jack assery.

Saturday night I worked one and this lunatic man grabbed my braid, twisted & yanked me back hard enough that my neck popped. Today I have seriously bad neck pain to the point that I cant lean back or turn my head.

I've made a Dr appointment, its not until Wednesday. I've used like half a tube of icy hot already today.

Help?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:54 PM
Bump
notjstasocermom
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Heat and ice, ibprofen
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:03 PM

You need to see a chiropractor.  You will probably need muscle relaxants to help with the muscle trauma, but you also probably have a subluxation (vertebra out of alignment)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:04 PM
Chiropractor and assault charges.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:37 PM
Haha. Working in security, if I pressed 'assault' charges against everyone that hit, pushed or threatened me... I'd spend my life in the court house.

Assault charges aren't as cut & dry as most people think.

But thank you :)

Quoting Anonymous: Chiropractor and assault charges.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:39 PM
Unfortunately. :( my doctor is going to check me out & refer me to a chiropractor.... I have a percocet left over from a car accident in February. But. I hate pills. Lol.

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

You need to see a chiropractor.  You will probably need muscle relaxants to help with the muscle trauma, but you also probably have a subluxation (vertebra out of alignment)

dmcarpenter619
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:43 AM

I have several ruptured disks in my neck and cannot take narcotics for pain.  Forget muscle relaxers too or I wouldn't be functional enough to watch the kids I babysit.

Here is what I do for my neck pain on a daily basis.  Take a long hot shower and let the water hit your neck. If heat seems to help you can use a heating pad to help relieve pain.  For some people ice works better. I also use peppermint oil for muscle spasms.  You mix 10 drops of essential oil in a spray bottle of olive oil.  Shake well then apply.  It smells much better than Icy Hot and works.  You may have to reapply often and rub it in well but I promise it helps.

corticosteroid
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:48 AM

800mg of Ibuprofen with a cup of coffee with sugar in it followed by a long hot shower.  In 30 minutes you should be ready to fish crab.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 3, 2014 at 10:50 AM
Find a GOOD chiro RIGHT NOW. Don't wait for the referral! Ask around, word of mouth is your best bet for a good one. You got your neck twisted and the most important thing is to put it back into place. Please call one and get in right away. I GOOD one will get you in today or tomorrow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 3, 2014 at 4:24 PM

thank you very much!!

I'm definitely trying the peppermint thing with this and in the future. Especially after rock concerts... those are like a battlefield. lol

Quoting dmcarpenter619:

I have several ruptured disks in my neck and cannot take narcotics for pain.  Forget muscle relaxers too or I wouldn't be functional enough to watch the kids I babysit.

Here is what I do for my neck pain on a daily basis.  Take a long hot shower and let the water hit your neck. If heat seems to help you can use a heating pad to help relieve pain.  For some people ice works better. I also use peppermint oil for muscle spasms.  You mix 10 drops of essential oil in a spray bottle of olive oil.  Shake well then apply.  It smells much better than Icy Hot and works.  You may have to reapply often and rub it in well but I promise it helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)