Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Damn cat!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:25 PM
  • 5 Replies
No not really but I do need advice..... Df brought home 2 kittens that are still on momma's milk. They were strays at his job and no one has seen momma in 4 days so they were told to take em home if they want em or let them die. The only thing I've been able to get them to eat is kitten formula. They won't even drink water. So the kitten formula I have isn't old but I didn't know I should refrigerate it since it's powdered. Its gotten up to 89 degrees in my house so I'm not sure if its still good. It is powdered formula. Should I trash it and buy new or will it be fine? We don't know how old they are but they are still very little and seem to still have their milk eyes
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:29 PM

If it doesn't smell off it's probably fine. Good luck with the babies!

cntrdmom
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:31 PM
I'm not sure. It doesn't say in the package or bottle? Since it's powdered it should be fine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:33 PM

They don't need water. Just the formula like a newborn human baby. The formula should be refrigerated if it's already mixed with water. The powder in the can dosn't need to be refrigerated. You also need to stimulate them to poop & pee by wiping their genitals with a warm wet wash cloth. Do that before & after you bottle feed them which should be every 2 to 3 hours round the clock.

victoriangavin
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:03 PM
I've bottle fed baby kittens before but not with powdered formula. I got them to drink it out of a bowl..... The momma is wild so there we're no humans to help her wean them so they haven't ever had solids.... I don't know how long to give them the formula but they look old enough to be on solids they aren't though.... They are old enough to potty on there own..... I think I'm gonna give em a few days to settle before trying solids again since they act like they're scared they will be abandoned again
wonderstruck11
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:05 PM

I have a small kitten right now too. Had her since she was 6 weeks old and she is now 10 weeks.
If it is just powder, it doens't need to be cold. Once it is mixed, then put it in the fridge.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)