Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Average Woman Hosts 515 Chemicals a Day.

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:34 PM
  • 46 Replies
2 moms liked this

Are you aware of how many chemicals you put on your body? I have gone all natural when it comes to my skin and hair. Here are some of my recipes!

Scrubs:
1 cup sugar - 1 cup coconut oil - scents(essential oils or any additions listed below)
additions:
chocolate cake: only do 1/2 cup sugar - 1/2 cup cocoa -2 tbs vanilla
pumpkin spice latte: use brown sugar instead of white - 2 tbs ground coffee - 2 tbs pumpkin spice
vanilla latte: no sugar - 1 cup coffee - 2 tbs vanilla
cinnamon & brown sugar: brown sugar instead of white - 3 tbs cinnamon
orange cream: 2 tbs vanilla - 5 drops orange oil (can top with orange zest if giving as a gift!)

Deodorant: (are you aware that commercial deodorant has mercury and aluminum in it? And do not use antiperspirants! They prevent your body from sweating, but in turn that clogs your pores and causes infections.)
6-8 tbs coconut oil - 1/4 cup baking soda - 1/4 cup arrowroot or cornstarch

Detox Bath: (Make sure to stay hydrated! I always feel slightly sticky after, so I rinse in cool water)
2 cups epsom salt - 1 cup baking soda - few drops of essential oils
optional: green tea packets - 1/3 cup ginger

Bath Salts:
1 cup sea salt - 1 cup Epsom salt - 1/2 cup baking soda - essential oils

Body Wash/Shampoo: (the coconut oil will solidify, but melts very easily in hot water. I just run it under the shower water for a minute and then shake.)
1 cup Castille soap - 1 cup water - 3 tbs coconut oil - 5-7 drops essential oils

Lotion:
1 cup coconut oil - essential oils

Do you have any good diy products that you love?

Blog - Pinterest - Tumblr - Etsy
Freaks, Geeks, Moms - Alternative Moms - CafeWho

by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wonderstruck11
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:39 PM

Bump! No one has a comment?

Heisenberg
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:40 PM

HA! Not me! Woohoo!

Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:40 PM
1 mom liked this

My deodorant doesn't have mercury in it. And I can't believe neither you nor your graphics mentioned aluminum. That is by far the worst ingredient in commercial deodorants, except for any that actually do contain mercury.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Not I. Only thing I wear daily is deodorant 

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:43 PM
No mention of aluminum?

I do many many things all natural. But I really hate coconut oil, unless its for cooking
AnHpuresugar
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:44 PM
I did that deodorant. It caused a rash. Not uncommon. I make my own laundry detergent clean with steam and vinegar and did the no poo thing for over a year.
wonderstruck11
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Shoot, thought I added aluminum after mercury. Guess I forgot to. lol sometimes my mind goes way faster than my fingers. Gonna edit and add, because you're right, it is the worst ingredient. Aluminum is actually what got my husband researching it. We no longer use anything aluminum, including foil.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

My deodorant doesn't have mercury in it. And I can't believe neither you nor your graphics mentioned aluminum. That is by far the worst ingredient in commercial deodorants, except for any that actually do contain mercury.

wonderstruck11
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:47 PM

I make my own laundry detergent. Doing no poo also! My hair is so much healthier and my curls are pretty instead of their usual frizz

Quoting AnHpuresugar: I did that deodorant. It caused a rash. Not uncommon. I make my own laundry detergent clean with steam and vinegar and did the no poo thing for over a year.

wonderstruck11
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:50 PM

Read my previous comment about aluminum.

I love coconut oil! Since switching to it, my acne has lessened, my hair is softer, and it is helping fade stretchmarks and scars.

Quoting mommaFruFru: No mention of aluminum? I do many many things all natural. But I really hate coconut oil, unless its for cooking

mommaFruFru
by Gold Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:52 PM
Yeah. All it did to me was cause a bleeding rash on my hands. Yet I can eat it.

I will.pay more to buy premade stuff from.a local goats milk farm.
All organic chemical free. And no hassle!

Quoting wonderstruck11:

Read my previous comment about aluminum. I love coconut oil! Since switching to it, my acne has lessened, my hair is softer, and it is helping fade stretchmarks and scars.

Quoting mommaFruFru: No mention of aluminum?

I do many many things all natural. But I really hate coconut oil, unless its for cooking

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)