Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pmdd? It's ruining my life. HELP!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:51 PM
  • 17 Replies
I'll trying to be brief: I've had pmdd since I restarted my period after having my son. I always had normal pms and periods before, so this is new to me. About a week before my period I experience extreme fatigue, nausea, debilitating cramps, back and hip pain, psychotic bitchiness, and sometimes appetite issues. Each month one symptom stands out from the rest and really makes it hard for me to function. This month it's the fatigue, last month it was the pain.

So my question is for the ladies with pmdd. What treatments have you used for it? I'm on Prozac which does help with the bitchiness, so I'm wondering more about the physical symptoms. Is there anything I can do? Btw I have a mirena iud if that matters.
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:52 PM
1 mom liked this
"I'll trying"?? Oh ffs.
naomishere
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:54 PM
No birth control ever helped mine they had to put me on a low dose of xanex acc it actually helps
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:55 PM

When your doctor diagnosed you with PMDD, didn't they prescribe something or at least recommend something?

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Does it help with physical symptoms for you?

Quoting naomishere: No birth control ever helped mine they had to put me on a low dose of xanex acc it actually helps
myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:57 PM
Just the prozac. I'm in physical therapy for some other issues, and that does help a little with the hip pain.

Quoting Anonymous:

When your doctor diagnosed you with PMDD, didn't they prescribe something or at least recommend something?

naomishere
by Bronze Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 10:58 PM
The cramps no. Pamprin kinda helps the psycoticness yes. Unfortunately I bleed badly to. Honestly my period is like a day late and I'm kinda hoping I'm pregnant so i can feel normal for a few months lol
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:00 PM

Nutritional therapy and stress management were very effective in my case.

MysticNightSky
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:03 PM

BUMP!

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:09 PM
What does nutritional therapy involve?

Quoting corticosteroid:

Nutritional therapy and stress management were very effective in my case.

heldcaptiveby2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:10 PM
Bump!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)