Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had an untraditional wedding

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies
Me and dh met on the 11th of January where we were supposed to be a one night stand kind of thing but the next morning he decided he wanted to keep a relationship with me. So fast forward 6 months later we both get off work (we were active duty army and we would sneak into each other's barracks and stay the night from day one) and we decided to get married. We called the justice of the peace and he said he could meet us at the local bookstore called The Bookstore. So we get there and our witnesses were the owner of the bookstore and the owner of the store next door. I didn't tell my mom till 3 days later.

So did you have a traditional marriage?
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Punchyobuns
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:02 PM
That's a non-traditional wedding. Huge difference.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:03 PM

you mean wedding?

Yeah, Mine was pretty traditional,except I wanted nothing to do with planning it at all. I wanted a court house wedding. It turned out really pretty and nice though. 

Coconutty4Hubby
by Cafe Goddess on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:03 PM

married on the beach...

Met at a concert on 1 Mar 2010. Got married 22 April 2010 on Earth Day. Had our baby on 1 Mar 2011.

I think he's my soul mate.  We were destined to meet.

Elyce225
by Emerald Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:04 PM

Not at all.

We met on August 4th, 2007 and got engaged 4 days later.  We got married 24 days later.  So I met and married him within 28 days.

I moved 500 miles away from everyone and everything I knew.

Still happily married for almost 7 years with 5 children.

We got married from the JOP in a park across from his office.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:04 PM
I've known my DH since high school but six years ago he face booked me and we started chatting one night. That led to a phone call that same night which then led to him coming over to my house in the middle of the night. He never left. We were engaged two months later and married two months after that at the court house with my best friend as our witness.

Still going strong now. So no, I wouldn't call ours traditional either...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:06 PM
Ok fixed it. I was thinking wedding but I was watching people get married and didn't pay attention to what I was typing

Quoting Punchyobuns: That's a non-traditional wedding. Huge difference.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:06 PM
You have a great story! We didn't have a traditional marriage I guess. We knew each other 2 and a half years before even holding a conversation for more than 3 minutes. Dated 7 months, got engaged on the side of the road. We were engaged for 1 year and 10 months before even thinking about planning a wedding. I planned it in 3 weeks. And we had 11 people at our wedding.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:06 PM

I did not, to be sure.

For one thing, when we started dating, he was 19 and I was 37.  So there's THAT.  We dated for six months and out of the blue he pulled out a ring and asked me to marry him.  I thought about it for about a femtosecond before I screamed YES and we hopped in the car and went to the courthouse right then and there.

Been married 15 years, three kids.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:07 PM
We're coming up on our 4 yr wedding anniversary

Quoting Anonymous: I've known my DH since high school but six years ago he face booked me and we started chatting one night. That led to a phone call that same night which then led to him coming over to my house in the middle of the night. He never left. We were engaged two months later and married two months after that at the court house with my best friend as our witness.

Still going strong now. So no, I wouldn't call ours traditional either...
Jamie1972
by Ruby Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:07 PM

. I met Dh thru a radio station date line. Stood me up on our first date. Month later I call ed him a week later we went out. We got married in a courthouse 2 yrs later. Only thing untraditional was how half assed and last minute we did everything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)