Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Working moms - especially those with school-aged kids...

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM
  • 3 Replies
How do you do it? How do you maintain balance?

I am about to launch into my chosen career and I am super excited! But... I worry about being there for my son. I want it all, and I know I can't have it all, but I still want it, regardless.

Before my son, I was a career-driven workaholic. I'm worried that I will lose myself in trying to be a perfect worker AND perfect mom AND perfect wife AND... ?
by on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
NatyRod
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 11:58 PM
1 mom liked this
The is no such thing as perfect my friend, and all u can do as a parent is try ur best.
Our children are priority, but doing what u love and being happy is part of being the best u can be, as a woman and as mother.
Eventually ur kids will grow, go on to live their lives, and u might live with the regret.
The key is to find a balance and stick to it so that neither side is neglected, specially ur child.
Good luck.
Seagodess
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:14 AM
There is no such thing as perfect, so forget that first of all.
You basically have to figure out manage your time well. Use the time your kids are home to spend as much time with them as You can. Get your dh and kids helping out around the house. Remember that chances are not everything that needs to get done, is going to happen right away. Dishes may have to wait until later. Dust might build up.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:19 AM
You establish a good routine. Make the most of weekends and other days off too. ;) DH and I just spent the weekend at the drive inn, splash park, and bike riding with the kids. It's school and work as usual this week, but we get outside after work, have dinner, showers, and playtime before their bedtime.

Chores and work related tasks I do at home wait until the kids are in bed, or wait until the weekend, depending on the task.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)