Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think birth rape is real?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

As someone who was assaulted as a child for years I say leave it to the victims to identify with whatever term they want.  

I think if it causes PTSD for some women then it has to have been just as traumatic.

If you don't think it is real can you explain your reasoning in an intelligent way? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:17 AM
Replies (21-30):
angelizedsinz
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:28 AM
I'm just curious, but what do you mean by violated? Actual sexual acts while in labor or the doctors checking you and the baby?

Quoting AnastasiaKorsh: Yes.
Some women are violated during birth, and just because its by a doctor and by an object, doesnt make it any less rape.
ajdahd13
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:28 AM
A doctor doing a procedure, during birth, that you don't consent to.

Quoting TheDrsRose: You mean like the Dr checking your cervix being molested or am I confused...

Fuck it. I'm confused.
Lilfootmommy
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Being forced to do something unnessecary against your will and then complaining makes someone a cry baby?

Quoting Anonymous:

Nope. I think the world is full of crybabies though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:29 AM
6 moms liked this
It shouldn't be considered rape...
CaliUnicorn
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:29 AM
64 moms liked this

While I recognize that some people ARE taken advantage of, violated, or bullied for the sake of the business of birth; I don't think this is a very good term for them to have coined. 

I also don't think that hospitals need to be accused of birth rape for saving a baby's life or doing everything they can to make it safer and up the chances of success. It's a hospital, not fucking Disneyland. You don't go there for dreams to be made true, you go to have your baby and have the hospital's doctors do everything in their power to keep you and the baby as safe as possible. I am also tired of women constantly bitching or suing because their birth did not go ideally in their minds. You are at a fucking hospital, you can't just go there and demand the doctors not save your or your infant's life because the life saving methods they are using are invasive or not what you had ideally planned. You can't send back the saveyourfuckinglife platter in the middle of the whole ordeal. You want to be away from doctors and invasive, life-saving procedures? Then have your baby in the middle of your livingroom in an inflatable pool or something like everyone else. 

These people are the same ones who would bitch and be outraged if the doctors tried to stay as hands off as possible and something terrible happened and the baby or mother died. You can't have your cake and eat it, too. 

zaftigmama
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:30 AM
6 moms liked this

I think some people aren't psychologically prepared to give birth or have this plan in their head about how it will go. Reality smacks them in the face, though.

mommy211983
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:30 AM
I don't like the term itself. However who am I to say anything about it? Obviously they are traumatized and upset. They have a right to their feelings and to use a term they feel is fitting.
-___-
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:30 AM

I did my son all natural and I would do it again in a heartbeat. My sister had me in the room with both of her children, and the way she was with all that medicine in her, I was uncomfortable and had to leave for a bit.

Quoting Lilfootmommy:

oh yes, i believe it happens, and way to often i might add. If I ever get pregnant again I want to do it all natural. I don't want those idiots pocking and proding me like they did last time for no flippin reason 

Quoting -___-:

http://www.naturalnews.com/037357_birth_rape_childbirth_assault.html#Sorry if this isn't clicky. I don't know how to do that. 

ETA: I guess I do know how to do that. Lol

Quoting Lilfootmommy:

not sure what you mean by birth rape

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:31 AM
13 moms liked this
Unless they are actually being raped then it isn't rape.
They may have been violated or whatever but it isn't rape.
TheDrsRose
by Bad♄Wolf on Jun. 3, 2014 at 12:31 AM
2 moms liked this
Like what? I had to sign a consent form and was made aware or anything they needed to do.

Quoting ajdahd13: A doctor doing a procedure, during birth, that you don't consent to.

Quoting TheDrsRose: You mean like the Dr checking your cervix being molested or am I confused...

Fuck it. I'm confused.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)