Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

In a few hours we are going and pressing charges. ***Updated

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:17 AM
  • 214 Replies
1 mom liked this
Some of you may remember I posted about my daughter who is special needs. She is 26 and was impregnated by a man at her job who is 53. We wanted to get through the pregnancy and get situated with our grandson and talk to an attorney before we decided what to do.

We hired a private investigator. The man has lived in 7 states in 10 years. He always finds employment working with disabled adults. He has several children that he owes child support for.

My DD didn't know she was pregnant. We took her to the ER for stomach pains and turned out she was almost 6 months along. She had been dieting and working out with me, and had lost 30 lbs, so we didn't notice anything. Thankfully the baby is very healthy and happy.

So in a few hours we are going with the attorney to file charges against this predator. I am scared for the future of my daughter and what this will do to her mentally but I can not allow this man to get away with this.

****update and I will address some questions. DD has an IQ of 63. I was told that mentally she will not progress, in most areas, past the age of 14. Just two weeks ago, while shopping at A. C. Moores, she put a boa on, and bunny ears and hopped through the store. And for a few hours, even when we got home, she was a bunny. She has Tourettes. She throws temper tantrums when she doesn't get her way. She has never had a friend. It is impossible to see her, spend time with her and not know she is special needs.

The DA did not give us many answers yesterday. DH and I didn't get to go into the closed door meeting. The DA is going to review everything. She asked the PI for some additional information, with a deadline of Monday. So hopefully we will find out then what they will be charging him with. Also, our guardianship papers for GS will be finalized by Monday. We have set up a trust for the baby, and updated our wills. Everything is falling into place to protect my daughter and grandson.
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:19 AM
What exactly are the charges?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:20 AM
What are her special needs?

Amiehart62
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:22 AM
Bump.
happymomma13
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:23 AM
Bump, good luck mama
BIMOM21
by Andi on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:24 AM
Bump
lovinlife0429
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:25 AM
The attorney is going to go over the finalized charges with us in the morning. At this point, not sure exactly.

Sexual assault of a disabled person for sure. .

Quoting Anonymous: What exactly are the charges?
ShortMommytobe
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:25 AM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:26 AM
Bump
crumpy_gat
by No. on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:26 AM
Good luck
redneck.crazy
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:26 AM
Good luck momma. ((Hugs))
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN