Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Let's see your beautiful mommy bodies!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 2:07 PM
  • 124 Replies

The Stir is doing a positive body image story about moms' bodies and need your help! We want to feature photos of moms' bodies before and after giving birth, in order to empower moms to love their bodies and show how truly beautiful those "after" photos are. If you're interested in participating, please post your before and after photos, your first name, and how you feel about how you look in both pictures.

by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 3, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Before in purple and after, I shrunk right back, but still feel different than before baby
mistressflora
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 2:27 PM

good, this is a good story, i hope we get some pics of women who look like they gave birth, bc to me, that would empower me alot

T-Rentsmommy06
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:11 PM
I do not have any before, except for baby belly pics.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:13 PM

The first is about 1 month pregnant. The second is one year post partum.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:15 PM
10 moms liked this

I have a question. How do people love their imperfections? There is nothing sexy about sagging skin and stretch marks and darker body hair. How can people love those things about them when they are very much negative things? Just a question because I cannot post a picture because I don't love my body. I'm not fat, just a little saggy.

abrittani
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:20 PM

Awesome. Mine don't make me feel exactly the best about myself, but I started working out again recently and I hope I can get back! Oh my name's Brittani.

This is LITERALLY right before I got pregnant, I could have been like 1-2 weeks pregnant and not even not it at this time too.

And here I am the morning after my c-section!

I feel not so great in both pictures. I guess they aren't that far off, and I hope I can shed some of this hormone weight! (Breastfeeding is what made my weight spike more than anything)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Mobile Photo

5 months pp
Pecuellar
by Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I felt like I didn't know my body after kids.  I can no longer buy anything without trying it on and my youngest is 6.  drives me nuts!  I use to be able to look at somethnig and know if I would like it.

flowerfunleah
by Leah on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:46 PM
5 moms liked this

Pre baby and post baby! 

Let's just say that my boobs were a little perkier and my tummy was most definitely flatter lol but if someone were to come up to me on the street and say, "Describe to me your body using ONE word." Do you know what my answer would be?

Adorable, obviously! 

I've found that that I first had to have a mental love for myself before I could re-appreciate my new physical body. For a long time after Dd was born (I'm talking a good 2 years) I avoided looking in the mirror and when I did my reaction was always "Ugh." and I was sick of it!After some time of that I realized how increasingly unhealthy it was to say that to myself, I would never say that to a friend! Especially a post-partum friend! What makes saying such negative things like that to myself ok to do? 

So, I changed, just like that. I started looking in the mirror and instead of wallowing in my imperfections I started complimenting myself on everything I loved about my body and that in turn made my depression fade away, my outlook on life became brighter, and I was able to enjoy going outside with my daughter. It was that mental change that re-newed an energy to eat healthier and move more! 

Now, sure, I'm still chubby and my boobs are not as perky as my before picture but because I'm doing everything I know how to be healthier, I feel healthier, and in turn I can love myself more easily. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:48 PM
4 moms liked this

I don't understand it either but a lot of women post how they LOVE their stretch marks and call them tiger stripes. Baffles me too.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a question. How do people love their imperfections? There is nothing sexy about sagging skin and stretch marks and darker body hair. How can people love those things about them when they are very much negative things? Just a question because I cannot post a picture because I don't love my body. I'm not fat, just a little saggy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)