Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

FFS I'm a horrible mother?? UPDATE: after 8am drs appt

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 70 Replies

I heard this from my mom this morning. My 2 yr old is refusing to eat no matter what I put in front of him (aside from the list I will give) he shakes his head no. He is drinking 72 ozs in a 24 hour period (keeps chugging the sippies) he is sleeping from 7:50pm/8:00pm to 9:40am when I have to go wake him up. He is a very active 2 year old. I am not sure what is wrong he doesnt have a fever, he has 10 pee diapers and 1 blow out each day. So anyway he has been going on this strike for about 4 days now (I see the dr tomorrow), he only eats the homemade chicken noodle soup, cheese, and maybe some angel hair pasta and a chewy bar for breakfast. He is drinking pedialyte (18oz) and water all day from the time he wakes up to the time he goes to bed. He seems to be okay. Aside from the runny nose that he has there is nothing that different about him, aside from the eating of course. He did this before when he was going through a horrible growth spurt so I figured this is what is going on.

she tells me that I am a horrible mother because I am not forcing him to eat. HE IS 2. What am I suppose to do? put him in time out?? I mean wtf. so he eats the same things every day. HE IS EATING.

ugh

update after drs:

Well everyone guess what? He has grown another 2 inches, doctor said there was nothing wrong with him drinking that much given how much he is active and how hot it has been outside. For those that asked about the pedialyte vs pediasure.. yep I screwed that one up and I will own it. This morning he has a plate full of scrambled eggs and toast. It looks like he will be back to normal  about eating.

since this is a common statement I give him liquids to keep him hydrated on this binge. I have done it before and there was no issues with it. He is only eating what I wrote. I see the dr tomorrow for his 2 yr old check up.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sara-1989
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:19 PM
3 moms liked this
He's drinking entirely too much. That's why he won't eat.
Halfdeafmommy
by Pure Honesty on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Probably because he is full on liquids!!!
RalphsMommy123
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:20 PM
Thats alot of liquid!
elfling811
by Niki on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:21 PM
I agree with previous replies. I'm not sure what the amount is that they require at two years old, but that sounds excessive to me. He sounds like he's filling up on liquids.
Steph84FL
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:21 PM
I was forced to eat...and I will never do that to anyone else. I will force her to try it...hut one bite will satisfy me
etsmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Unless your doctor is worried, I wouldn't. Both of my kids went through weird eating and drinking patterns when they were getting spurts.

PrettyGirlMyers
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:22 PM

You can't force a two year old to eat. It sounds like he has some kind of bug, or this could even just be a phase. He's not going to starve, and he is eating some stuff. I wouldn't stress too much, the whole "just force them to..." is old school parenting!

yummypeaches
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:22 PM

He's getting too full on the liquids. If you want him to eat more cut back on the sippies. If he was hungry he would eat so I don't think there's anything "wrong" with him. 

AshleyMommi
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:22 PM
He could be on a food strike. My oldest went through a time when he would only drink milk and nibble on things. I spoke with his pediatrician and he had said it's very common in toddlers. Keep an eye on it, record what he eats and if it doesn't pick up in the next week I would take him to the pedi.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 3, 2014 at 3:23 PM

I am giving him that much to keep him hydrated because he refuses to eat. Even when I only give him 3 sippies (9oz each) he refuses to eat. He came back from my moms doing this. She only feeds him McDonalds when she has him.

Quoting Sara-1989: He's drinking entirely too much. That's why he won't eat.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN