Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I broke my forearm sunday. My arm will be in a caste for 8 weeks. I have two under two and I'm pregnant. I need help. My husband goes back to work in a week. I called family and friends everyone said they will chip in. Today I call my grandma asking if she could watch my oldest for two hours. I had to go back to the hospital the splinter they gave me was cutting off circulation. I called her and said hey the little one may get cranky at the doctor office do you mind watching him for two hours. She tells me you have to control him in the hospital. I can't do it right now. Smh. I can't ask for shit. Im going to the e.r. My arm is broken smh..
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Replies (181-183):
momofcourse
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 6:11 PM

It really does suck not having family close or that won't help you. I totally get your frustration.  My husband is great and would have left in a heartbeat but I could not wait that long, he works pretty far off.  

Quoting CharmMom1216: Oh my. Wow that took tremendous strength. I applaud you.
Quoting momofcourse:

Eh, I drove myself to the ER with three kids when I broke my leg.  I had to pull up front at the ambulance entrance and let someone know I  could not get myself out of the car.  I parked and they brought out a wheelchair.  My kids were 1, 2, and 7 at the time.  I make them mind though so even though I was in a ton of pain they were really good.  My husband was at work and it would have taken him longer to drive home and then drive me to the ER than to do it myself and I was in a ton of pain.  I had to practically crawl to the car and drag the kids along.  It sucked balls but you gotta do what you gotta do. 

N_maricle
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Sorry your grandma isn't more supportive. Some grandparents aren't motherly or loving. Some consider children more of a burden and annoyance. That's how my grandmother was:(
peregrinus
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:47 PM

I understand, I'm the same way.  Had a terrible experience at a preschool I worked at.  Anyway, I love the place we have here.  It's a little expensive but I don't use it terribly often.  I'd love to have a moms helper.  Just a couple of hours one day a week would save my sanity!

Quoting CharmMom1216: Yes and no. We doing research now on local daycare. I don't trust Every daycare. I have to do research on them first. That is an option as well as hiring a mommy helper.
Quoting peregrinus:

Do you have a drop in childcare center in your area?  That's what I've had to do, because I cannot ask anybody for help when I need it.  Dh tries, but he works full time, so when I've got an appointment I can't take the kids to (mri, ekg, pap smear...) I take them there.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN