Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I broke my forearm sunday. My arm will be in a caste for 8 weeks. I have two under two and I'm pregnant. I need help. My husband goes back to work in a week. I called family and friends everyone said they will chip in. Today I call my grandma asking if she could watch my oldest for two hours. I had to go back to the hospital the splinter they gave me was cutting off circulation. I called her and said hey the little one may get cranky at the doctor office do you mind watching him for two hours. She tells me you have to control him in the hospital. I can't do it right now. Smh. I can't ask for shit. Im going to the e.r. My arm is broken smh..
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Replies (31-40):
CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:05 PM
I called other people most are out of state everyone has a day the selected to be available.

Quoting Anonymous: You said everyone would help except one person so.....
CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:06 PM
I called other people most are out of state everyone has a day the selected to be available.

Quoting Anonymous: You said everyone would help except one person so.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:06 PM
4 moms liked this

She has 2 kids under the age of 2 AND she's pregnant AND she broke her arm - she's venting. 

1 - SAHM to me means that more than likely she doesn't have regular alternate daycare for her children.

2 - Friends & Family offered to pitch in after finding out she broke her arm but when it came down to it, someone she asked couldn't do it. 

3 - "Take 'em with you" yet at the same time other CMers would complain about the SAHMs that just can't leave their kids with someone else while they go to a Doctor's appt.  The best option WOULD be to have someone watch her 2 small children - she has to go to the hospital to have her broken arm re-splinted, she has a sprained ankle AND the doctor says she shouldn't lift her child (refer back to #2).

OP - It sucks that you broke your arm & sprained your ankle - I'm sorry that happened.  I am sorry that you had to go back to the hospital to have it re-splinted - that also sucks.  And, I am sorry that your Grandma wasn't able to help you out in this situation - I hope you were able to find another friend or family member that was available.  If not, one of the Moms had a great suggestion about packing some fun things  + snacks to try to keep your little ones entertained.  Hope you heal quickly!

(word of advice - you should try another group other than Mom Confession....you would probably get a little more support and empathy for your situation.)

CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Right lol.

Quoting mary716: Shit on a brick, maybe I shouldnt have had kids because I needed help after having a surgery. Shame on me for needing medical attention and having children. And you should be ashamed to, how dareth thou trip over a curb.

Quoting CharmMom1216: Don't be a bitch. I'm in a wheelchair and caste. It was a freak accident. Get a life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Suck it up...you had them. 

CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:07 PM
Right lol.

Quoting mary716: Shit on a brick, maybe I shouldnt have had kids because I needed help after having a surgery. Shame on me for needing medical attention and having children. And you should be ashamed to, how dareth thou trip over a curb.

Quoting CharmMom1216: Don't be a bitch. I'm in a wheelchair and caste. It was a freak accident. Get a life.

Quoting Anonymous:

Suck it up...you had them. 

CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Thank you tear. I feel so overwhelm. I have to ask for help and its hard. My kids are always with me but it sucks I can't be there for them.

Quoting Anonymous:

She has 2 kids under the age of 2 AND she's pregnant AND she broke her arm - she's venting. 

1 - SAHM to me means that more than likely she doesn't have regular alternate daycare for her children.

2 - Friends & Family offered to pitch in after finding out she broke her arm but when it came down to it, someone she asked couldn't do it. 

3 - "Take 'em with you" yet at the same time other CMers would complain about the SAHMs that just can't leave their kids with someone else while they go to a Doctor's appt.  The best option WOULD be to have someone watch her 2 small children - she has to go to the hospital to have her broken arm re-splinted, she has a sprained ankle AND the doctor says she shouldn't lift her child (refer back to #2).

OP - It sucks that you broke your arm & sprained your ankle - I'm sorry that happened.  I am sorry that you had to go back to the hospital to have it re-splinted - that also sucks.  And, I am sorry that your Grandma wasn't able to help you out in this situation - I hope you were able to find another friend or family member that was available.  If not, one of the Moms had a great suggestion about packing some fun things  + snacks to try to keep your little ones entertained.  Hope you heal quickly!

(word of advice - you should try another group other than Mom Confession....you would probably get a little more support and empathy for your situation.)

mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:14 PM
1 mom liked this
Don't feel bad. My own mother couldn't ride with me and watch my 2 year old while I had a colposcopy. But the witch offered to watch my nieces damn kids while they go on vacation. Hope you feel better
CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:27 PM
Smh. My grandma would pick up her yougest son child from daycare and pay for it. But I ask for two hours and I need to control my kids.

Quoting mommieof38829: Don't feel bad. My own mother couldn't ride with me and watch my 2 year old while I had a colposcopy. But the witch offered to watch my nieces damn kids while they go on vacation. Hope you feel better
mommieof38829
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:29 PM
My mother has always treated my cousin and her two kids better than me and my son. I never ask her to babysit ever!! I simply asked if she could ride with us to watch him at the doctor office. But it was fine he sat in the chair the whole time like a big boy.

Quoting CharmMom1216: Smh. My grandma would pick up her yougest son child from daycare and pay for it. But I ask for two hours and I need to control my kids.

Quoting mommieof38829: Don't feel bad. My own mother couldn't ride with me and watch my 2 year old while I had a colposcopy. But the witch offered to watch my nieces damn kids while they go on vacation. Hope you feel better
Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 7:32 PM
What happens if your toddler is the patient at the ER?
I'm sorry, there's no ER that doesn't allow toddlers.

Quoting CharmMom1216: I was going to the e.r. my son is my responsibility but we all need help at some point. My arm is broke and my ankle is sprained o honestly can't provide care for my child at that time. Her response was heartless to me. I understand if someone has to work but she just said control your child and hang up the phone. Some hospitals don't allow toddlers in the e.r for safety reasons.

Quoting Teeshann:

well if she can't watch him then she can't watch him.

having a broken arm doesn't mean your child becomes someone elses responsibility. if you don't have someone to help watch him then you figure it out. take things to entertain him with, take snacks, do you have a tablet? put a movie on for him to watch or a game to play. read him a book.

i'm sorry your arm is broken. you do what you got to do and sometimes we just have to do it with kids in tow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)