Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I broke my forearm sunday. My arm will be in a caste for 8 weeks. I have two under two and I'm pregnant. I need help. My husband goes back to work in a week. I called family and friends everyone said they will chip in. Today I call my grandma asking if she could watch my oldest for two hours. I had to go back to the hospital the splinter they gave me was cutting off circulation. I called her and said hey the little one may get cranky at the doctor office do you mind watching him for two hours. She tells me you have to control him in the hospital. I can't do it right now. Smh. I can't ask for shit. Im going to the e.r. My arm is broken smh..
by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 6:33 PM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:17 PM

Learn the hard way

Quoting mary716: Wow teach us your ways oh perfect one.
Quoting Anonymous:

Suck it up...you had them. 

CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:23 PM
Sorry that happen. Sound like your little one was a hero that day.

Quoting mommieof38829: My mother has always treated my cousin and her two kids better than me and my son. I never ask her to babysit ever!! I simply asked if she could ride with us to watch him at the doctor office. But it was fine he sat in the chair the whole time like a big boy.

Quoting CharmMom1216: Smh. My grandma would pick up her yougest son child from daycare and pay for it. But I ask for two hours and I need to control my kids.

Quoting mommieof38829: Don't feel bad. My own mother couldn't ride with me and watch my 2 year old while I had a colposcopy. But the witch offered to watch my nieces damn kids while they go on vacation. Hope you feel better
CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:24 PM
My toddler was in pediatric e.r. there is a different departments when he had allergic reaction. I will be in the adult e.r. different departments. Understand?

Quoting Cmgmqmmom: What happens if your toddler is the patient at the ER?
I'm sorry, there's no ER that doesn't allow toddlers.

Quoting CharmMom1216: I was going to the e.r. my son is my responsibility but we all need help at some point. My arm is broke and my ankle is sprained o honestly can't provide care for my child at that time. Her response was heartless to me. I understand if someone has to work but she just said control your child and hang up the phone. Some hospitals don't allow toddlers in the e.r for safety reasons.

Quoting Teeshann:

well if she can't watch him then she can't watch him.

having a broken arm doesn't mean your child becomes someone elses responsibility. if you don't have someone to help watch him then you figure it out. take things to entertain him with, take snacks, do you have a tablet? put a movie on for him to watch or a game to play. read him a book.

i'm sorry your arm is broken. you do what you got to do and sometimes we just have to do it with kids in tow.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:27 PM

aww hope everything gets better. I know i don't ask any one for help unless its my dad or step mom, they are pretty much the only family i have if i did not have them i would out of luck. I have a 2 year old a 3 year old and im 9 months alone :).

CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:28 PM
He is allowed in the waiting area but not the treatment area for adults. Every hospital has a adult e.r and pediatric e.r. have you seen them?

Quoting Cmgmqmmom: What happens if your toddler is the patient at the ER?
I'm sorry, there's no ER that doesn't allow toddlers.

Quoting CharmMom1216: I was going to the e.r. my son is my responsibility but we all need help at some point. My arm is broke and my ankle is sprained o honestly can't provide care for my child at that time. Her response was heartless to me. I understand if someone has to work but she just said control your child and hang up the phone. Some hospitals don't allow toddlers in the e.r for safety reasons.

Quoting Teeshann:

having a broken arm doesn't mean your child becomes someone elses responsibility. if you don't have someone to help watch him then you figure it out. take things to entertain him with, take snacks, do you have a tablet? put a movie on for him to watch or a game to play. read him a book.

i'm sorry your arm is broken. you do what you got to do and sometimes we just have to do it with kids in tow.

CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:29 PM
Tear.

Quoting Anonymous:

aww hope everything gets better. I know i don't ask any one for help unless its my dad or step mom, they are pretty much the only family i have if i did not have them i would out of luck. I have a 2 year old a 3 year old and im 9 months alone :).

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 8:44 PM

I'm sympathetic to your plight, believe me. In this area, there are just ERs. Unless you specifically go to the Children's Hospital. Otherwise, an ER is an ER...I have worked in several...we have never sent away a patient for having a toddler.

Quoting CharmMom1216: My toddler was in pediatric e.r. there is a different departments when he had allergic reaction. I will be in the adult e.r. different departments. Understand?
Quoting Cmgmqmmom: What happens if your toddler is the patient at the ER? I'm sorry, there's no ER that doesn't allow toddlers.
Quoting Teeshann:

CharmMom1216
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:16 AM
Omg woman. I sad some hospitals. The one I was at franklin square. Has a e.r with two departments. Pediatric and adult. They are allowed in the waiting area but in the adult treatment area two and under is not allowed for safety reasons or they must stay in the waiting area. In the pediatric. E.r which is in the e.r but a seperate department all children are welcome. I was
Not ar your hospital. So my experience will be different. Do you understand?

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

I'm sympathetic to your plight, believe me. In this area, there are just ERs. Unless you specifically go to the Children's Hospital. Otherwise, an ER is an ER...I have worked in several...we have never sent away a patient for having a toddler.

Quoting CharmMom1216: My toddler was in pediatric e.r. there is a different departments when he had allergic reaction. I will be in the adult e.r. different departments. Understand?
Quoting Cmgmqmmom: What happens if your toddler is the patient at the ER? I'm sorry, there's no ER that doesn't allow toddlers.
Quoting Teeshann:

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:18 AM
Yeah, I understand.
Hospitals have social workers for this reason. Don't these kids have a father? Maybe you've already addressed that, but I didn't read through the replies.

Quoting CharmMom1216: Omg woman. I sad some hospitals. The one I was at franklin square. Has a e.r with two departments. Pediatric and adult. They are allowed in the waiting area but in the adult treatment area two and under is not allowed for safety reasons or they must stay in the waiting area. In the pediatric. E.r which is in the e.r but a seperate department all children are welcome. I was
Not ar your hospital. So my experience will be different. Do you understand?

Quoting Cmgmqmmom:

Quoting Teeshann:

barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Maybe she was busy! Sorry she couldn't help you. Find some neighbors, or friends to help. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)