Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Really Don't Understand This...

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:43 PM
  • 39 Replies

I see posts all of the time about women who forgive their husbands for cheating (and in real life as well). I don't understand how people (men and women) can overlook a cheating spouse. I know women who's husband have cheated on the left right and sideways since they were dating and they still stay. I'm sorry. I just think that the people who put up with that just have low self-esteem and don't think that they will get some one else. To me, it just shows insecurity, like you're so afraid to be alone that you will stay with someone who treats you like crap. I don't see how you can trust someone that cheats on you. 

And even if you choose to forgive him once, how can you let him continue to cheat on you and still stay with him? What are you teaching your children? That you should be a doormat for a man/woman who treats you like crap? Children look to their parents as role models. They look at the same sex parent and see how they should be and the opposite sex parent and see what they should look for in a spouse (in most cases). Why wouldn't you want your kids to see a woman/man who knows how they should be treated and doesn't let someone treat them like a doormat? Why wouldn't you want your kids to see that even adults have consequences for their actions. I just don't understand it.

To clarify, I am not just being a man hater. As I said, I am asking about both men and women. I am not trying to be rude to anyone. I just want to know how and why people choose to stay with their spouses cheat. 

reading   playing soccer   boy n girl

Melody       Conner Wyatt and Tabitha

by on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Fool me once shame on you

Fool me TWICE shame on me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:45 PM
I agree with you. Cheating is a deal breaker for me. I have very healthy self esteem and know that I deserve better than a cheating spouse.
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:47 PM
2 moms liked this
In an otherwise normal relationship, if a person cheats, there's an issue, an issue that likely involves both people, so it may be worth the effort to see if it can be repaired.... If it's a constant issue that's a different story.
PinkButterfly66
by Emerald Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:49 PM

I couldn't do it either.  Cheating is a deal breaker for me.

curvygurl1912
by Renee on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:49 PM
I agree with you Rose.
SnapIt
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:51 PM

i havent forgiven my now ex and i never wil

thats something thats not forgivable in my book

outtamymynd
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:52 PM
I have to agree. Getting through it once I can understand. Any more than that is craziness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RocknRoll.Rose
by Platinum Member on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:52 PM

Exactly. Some people just don't think they deserve better. My boss stayed with a cheating wife for five years because she kept whining about the children deserving better than a broken family and then he realized that he deserved better than a wife who cared nothing for his feelings. He didn't want his kids thinking that that was ok. 

Quoting Anonymous: I agree with you. Cheating is a deal breaker for me. I have very healthy self esteem and know that I deserve better than a cheating spouse.

reading   playing soccer   boy n girl

Melody       Conner Wyatt and Tabitha

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:53 PM

What if you really don't like sex? But love your husband, love the whole family thing?   Love companionship?

But you are asexual?  You just want him to go have sex- just sex, without the involvement?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 3, 2014 at 11:54 PM

I agree with you. Cheating is an absolute deal breaker for me. I can't understand why any person would put up with something so disrespectful.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)