Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone here use CDs at all anymore?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and there are a couple of people that use the portable CD players still (older people-like elderly, NOT that there's anything wrong with that, BTW).  I am 40 and do not use them, just my iTunes.  Curious.  TIA!

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2014 at 3:22 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jun. 4, 2014 at 3:57 AM

I have ipods for traveling and my smart phone and at home we have a 300 cd changer stereo at our main house and all that jazz....i collect music and have over 550,000 songs approximately..DH also collects .ive collected for over 25 years. we have surround sound through out our homes and the other systems hold 50-100 cd each...so yes i use them still.......from war music to today. we love everything but rap.LOL

turtle68
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 4:03 AM

yup...I have some music CD's for travel ....a lot of rentals still only have CD players and dont have an auxillary outlet.

CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Jun. 4, 2014 at 4:26 AM

Only in my car because it doesn't have a hook-up for my iPod. At home I listen to iTunes on my computer or my radio that my iPod hooks up to. when I go running or go to the gym, I use my iPod. 

kaysha
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 5:45 AM
All the time. In the cars and at home.
Stephw1110
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 6:15 AM
In the car is about it. I recently bought my son a kidz bop cd and felt really odd buying a cd.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jun. 4, 2014 at 6:24 AM

I use CD's. 

BrutalTruth
by urbullyisshowing on Jun. 4, 2014 at 6:25 AM
I do, at home and in the car. I had an iPod that I rage-smashed, but I never used it while out anyway.
drsmith94
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 6:25 AM
I have CDs in my car.
GarysGirl85
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 6:27 AM
We buy CDs and vinyl, put them on the computer and I put them on my phone to listen to. Usually I use that in car but sometimes we grab a cd or two to listen to in the car.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jun. 4, 2014 at 6:31 AM
Yeah I read CDs and clicked because I thought it was about cloth diapers. Boo. No, I only have the kind of CDs you are talking about for decorative purposes. My computer is the only thing I have that will play them but why bother when I have ripped then to my hard drive and put them on my iPod.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN