Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would I be wrong to invite one but not the other?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm really close with one of my SILs but the other one I don't exactly like because she's caused trouble before and always has something going on but dh still has her around because she's his sister. My ds has a birthday coming up and I want to invite the sil that I'm close to, but her and sil number 2 don't get along at all. They haven't spoken politely in years and usually sil number 1 just refuses to be anywhere she knows sil number 2 will be. I'm torn now on whether to invite sil number 1 because i want to because im close to her but I don't want any fighting or nonsense (which they always have) but ds plays with sil number 2 kids better and so I think that wins over my personal feelings. I'm worried inviting both would be an absolute disaster like it was at nieces birthday party.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyBug2013
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:20 AM

You have a close relationship with SIL and are inviting her as a friend not as family. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:21 AM
I would invite both and tell your dh he needs to tell his siblings they need to act like civil adults.
my4kids274
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:22 AM

I would invite both of them. 

curvygurl1912
by Renee on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:23 AM
2 moms liked this
What your son would want should be your first priority. If he would enjoy his cousins being there, that is more important since it is his birthday party. Hang out with the other sil another time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:24 AM
But they don't. Bil told them the same thing at his daughter's birthday party and they refused to respect that and ended up getting everyone kicked out. They did the same thing at their 8 year old cousin's birthday party.

Quoting Anonymous: I would invite both and tell your dh he needs to tell his siblings they need to act like civil adults.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:24 AM
Dh won't let me.

Quoting my4kids274:

I would invite both of them. 

Addicted2U4ever
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:26 AM
Invite both of them just let sil #1 that inviting number 2 was not your doing , it was Hubby's doing.
And if they both know and the family knows they can not get along or sister in law number 2 causes a ruckus every time a family affair comes around you may be sure number 2 may not even show up .
Or just simply put on her invite that there will be no animosity at your sons birthday that it is his day not hers to ruin.
Hope it all works out for you love. I refuse to do big party's because of the same situations that everyone simply can not get along because of past bs. Some people need to get over themselves and just be civil for the sake of others....
Good luck ... And happy birthday to your Lil one ...
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:26 AM
I just feel bad about it because I know it's going to make her mad and hurt her feelings, but her kids are older and aren't exactly nice to my son so i know he wouldn't enjoy their company.

Quoting curvygurl1912: What your son would want should be your first priority. If he would enjoy his cousins being there, that is more important since it is his birthday party. Hang out with the other sil another time.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:27 AM

It would not be wrong to invite one but not the other one. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:28 AM

I think your SIL need to realize that their nephew's birthday is a forum for discussing their issues and they should aviod speaking to one another if they cannot be civil. Either that or neither one of them may come. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)