Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Show me pretty purses!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:42 AM
  • 21 Replies
I have never been one to carry a purse. I carry my ID and my debit card in my back pocket.

My husband and I had a conversation about how not girly I am. He chimed in that I should at least carry a purse to keep necessary items in. I know I should, but it just feels weird. I'm not used to it.

I told hubby if I get my new position that I would get a purse. Many dress clothes don't have back pockets and it doesn't really look professional and responsible for a business lady to pull her debit card from her back pocket.

If I'm going to get one, I want something spectacular. The problem is, I have no idea what is considered nice, what is "in", what looks great, and all that.

So, show me pictures of what you would get so I can figure out what I like.
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:19 AM
Bump
mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this

lol...no one?  I just started carrying a purse again.  While it is nice to have more things on my than a card, I'm already sick of digging through it.  It's a big black crochet one...probably not very trendy lol.  It's like 8 yrs old, I pulled it out of the closet the other day.

zeenah
by Zarah on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:23 AM

I don't carry one either.

Big sister to be! Nov. 2014

TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:25 AM
As much as these women like to talk about how much they spend on purses, it seems like they'd be excited to show them off...lol.

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

lol...no one?  I just started carrying a purse again.  While it is nice to have more things on my than a card, I'm already sick of digging through it.  It's a big black crochet one...probably not very trendy lol.  It's like 8 yrs old, I pulled it out of the closet the other day.

PoisonEyeV
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:26 AM

All I know is that you should have at LEAST two of them. One for summer/spring months and one for fall/winter. As far as anything else goes, I'd say just buy what YOU like. I see some really fugly purses around but that's okay because I assume THEY like them and it doesn't matter what I think...

brokenmelody
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:38 AM
I have a lot of purses. Nothing really fancy, although I do have a LV Speedy 30 that I never use bc I'm scared it will get dirty or stolen. Plus they are very uncomfortable on the wrist. My favorite bags are Fossil. They are excellent quality and last for years. The all leather ones age well. I have a few Lucky bags as well, they are very nice too. I need pockets, quality zippers, strong seams, and the ability to over stuff. Lol Fossil and Lucky have those.

But if you're not a purse type, how about a wristlet?
TheFairest
by Zombie on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:39 AM
I love leather bags, it's a must for me!
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:42 AM

I don't unless I'm carrying my netbook, or my tablet, or my notebooks. 

In a regular situation, I carry my wallet in my back pocket and my phone either in my other back pocket or in a cargo pocket, depending on what I'm wearing.

When I do carry a bag or purse, this is what I've got.

no zombies (khaki green) Messenger Bag / Laptop Bag

momto1ryen
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Mobile Photo

For now I carry a tote which serves as a purse/diaper bag. I also often carry my wallet in the store.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:47 AM
I had to be told by my sister it was time for me to get a "big girl" purse so I am no help. Lol.
She gave me one of her old coach purses because she likes Michael Kors now...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)