Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

End of school year surprises!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:35 AM
  • 109 Replies
3 moms liked this

I am about to burst and I don't know if I'll be able to keep it a surprise for much longer! Friday needs to get here FAST, I am glad they have early release!

We are taking the kids out for individual surprises for doing so well this school year. 

I've made DD an appointment at the salon and she is getting her first pedicure and getting HOT PINK highlights put in her hair! She is going to be so excited!! (Just in time too, she wanted pink hair to wear to her Katy Perry concert on the 22nd <- that was her bday surprise)

DH is going to take DS to see XMEN in the theater, DS loves XMEN!! 

Then home for dinner or we might eat out and maybe a board game if we aren't all exhausted! 

by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:35 AM

BUMP!

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:46 AM
4 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

you really need to get a hobby or something for yourself, outside your children. You are too attached and in a few yrs when they are teens and have lives outside of mom, you will be lost.

Thanks for the advice. I do have a life outside of my children. I am getting my Bachelors Degree in Nursing, so I am making up for all the time I was not able to spend with my children while I was in school. It is a very intense program that takes up most of my attention. 

I have to whole summer off and plan to spend it with my children. Except for the 2 weeks they spend with my aunt (3 states away), then I will spend that time doing what I enjoy doing and with my husband. 

I enjoy my family and there is nothing wrong with that. 

Msgme
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 8:59 AM
2 moms liked this

wtf??  Did I miss something?  Because she is happy to be surprising her kids she needs a hobby????

Quoting Anonymous:

you really need to get a hobby or something for yourself, outside your children. You are too attached and in a few yrs when they are teens and have lives outside of mom, you will be lost.

mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:00 AM
5 moms liked this

lol, what!?!?!  Maybe she realizes that one day her kids won't want to do a bunch of super fun stuff with mommy so she's doing it now.  Sounds pretty smart to me.

Quoting Anonymous:

mom2the.rescue
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:01 AM

yay!  Have fun!  My 2 oldest are starting summer school a few weeks after school ends ;(  

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

There is an annon that follows me around making negative comments. Probably the one that doesn't like the way I raise my children because we don't force them to conform to societal norms and let them be who they are. 

I love my kids and since this is a moms board, I brag about them and talk about them because they are a huge part of my life!

Quoting Msgme:

wtf??  Did I miss something?  Because she is happy to be surprising her kids she needs a hobby????

Quoting Anonymous:

alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Quoting mom2the.rescue:

yay!  Have fun!  My 2 oldest are starting summer school a few weeks after school ends ;(  

Bummer! 

Nanamom127
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:03 AM
3 moms liked this

What a mean spirited thing to say. It never occurred to me that she didn't have a life!

Enjoy your family! Have a great day and a great summer together! 

embrigmom
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Have fun!!!! Sounds like you have a wonderful surprise planed for each of them! My dd still has school till the 25th, I can't wait till she's on summer break!

metalmomma86
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Enjoy your summer with your kids!
Don't listen to the bitchy anon haters.
My girls are 14 and 16 and we still do tons of stuff together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)