Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

The neighbors college boys throw LOUD parties and wake up our baby!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 72 Replies

So, the neighbors have a very nice pool in their backyard. It looks just like something out of a fancy hotel. The parents throw parties with their friends, but it never gets out of control or crazy and they always call it quits at a decent hour. They have 2 college aged sons however, who will have all their friends over at late hours on both weekends and weeknights. Last night they were out till 1:30 and woke up our daughter with their loudness. I don't want to be that person who complains to them about the noise, but I also don't want to be that person who calls the cops on them either. What do you think we should?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Call the police. They're disturbing the peace and likely breaking a noise ordinance.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Add some white noise into your child's room? Maybe a fan or some soft music will drown out the noise.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:13 AM
I'd call, they're breaking noise ordinance laws.
metalmomma86
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:13 AM
Well you need to say something. How will anyone know it is an issue if not?

Posting Anon on here isn't going to help
PoisonEyeV
I got a J.O.B! So excited.
Today at 5:47 AM
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:13 AM

I don't know. I'm not even 30 yet and I'm an ornery old hag when it comes to neighborhood noises.  I would probably be calling if it persisted more than once or twice a week. I couldn't stand that :/

But I mean if you're above all that invite yourself over and do some keg stands.

momto3B
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:13 AM

Just go over and nicely ask if they can keep it down.  

We have a new family with a new baby moving in next door and my very noisy boys are already on notice that they may have to keep it down depending on where the baby's room is. 

Malayahsmom06
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:13 AM
I would nicely remind them that you have a child, tell them they woke her, and ask if they could tone it down. Why should you suffer because they are inconsiderate?
RheaF
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:14 AM

I would call the cops.

PoisonEyeV
I got a J.O.B! So excited.
Today at 5:47 AM
by ☆ No Ragrets ☆ on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:14 AM

Huh?

Because their party throwing neighbors all probably have Cafemom accounts??

confused

Quoting metalmomma86: Well you need to say something. How will anyone know it is an issue if not? Posting Anon on here isn't going to help

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

You'll have to do one or the other and probably both - cuz I doubt you  complaining to them is gonna make them stop, however, if you don't complain to them first , it's crappy to go straight to the cops lol   

most place have a noise ordanance law or something for 10pm  & after that by law they HAVE To be quiet or you have every right to call the police.  They should know that - even if they are very young. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)