Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

drugs don't do anything they promise

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 20 Replies

I have a very infected tooth. (this popped up overnight quite literally.) I went yesterday and got pills for it from my dentist because we have to wait until the infection and swelling is gone before anything is done to the tooth. All the vicodin is doing is leaving me drugged. It isn't helping with the pain at all. -_-

I just don't know what to do. My mouth hurts SOOOOO effing bad right now. Anyone know of anything else I can do?

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Maybe I should just go sit in the corner and cry? I have barely slept due to this tooth issue.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:30 AM

Maybe go get a pair of pliers and take the effer out myself?

mich2.0
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Clove oil. See if you can get something besides vicodin. Not every pain killer works for every person.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:33 AM

My prescription medication literally saved my life.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:34 AM

Did they give you antibiotics as well?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:34 AM

I didn't know they would do that. Just don't want them to think I am a drug seeker or anything.. Though it was obvious by my xray that I am not lying about the pain I am in. Dentist said she was surprised I was still talking.

Quoting mich2.0:

Clove oil. See if you can get something besides vicodin. Not every pain killer works for every person.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Yes. Still waiting for those to start kicking in. Doc said they usually take a few days though.

Quoting Anonymous:

Did they give you antibiotics as well?

Momtoone07
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:36 AM
Start swishing with salt water, like it is your job. I mean so salty, your eyes want to pop out when you are swishing. Don't go light. I also find one of the most effective pain killers are otc. Two Advil and one Tylenol (get liquid gels, they work faster and get the real deal, not generic) worked better that percocet for kidney stones. You can take that combo, four times a day.
Momtoone07
by Gold Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:37 AM
I would swish, every half hour, too. This can be extremely effective, if done right.
mich2.0
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:38 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

I didn't know they would do that. Just don't want them to think I am a drug seeker or anything.. Though it was obvious by my xray that I am not lying about the pain I am in. Dentist said she was surprised I was still talking.

Quoting mich2.0:

Idk if they will but it's worth a shot. See if you can exchange them basically, give the pharmacist the vicodin to dispose of and get something else. Idk...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)