Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Share your smoothie recipes with me!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:25 AM
  • 14 Replies
I made my first smoothie yesterday for the first time in a long time. I was never really good at making them so I gave up. I made a strawberry banana one yesterday. It was good but not thick enough. I used ice, milk, and water. I think Im going to use plain yogurt to thicken it up.

Share your recipes!
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RalphsMommy123
by Single Mom Tee on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:25 AM
Bump
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:27 AM

1 cup frozen mixed berries, 1 cup of vanilla yogurt, half cup of milk, 4 ice cubes

RalphsMommy123
by Single Mom Tee on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:29 AM
Which do you taste more, the vanilla yogurt or the fruit?

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

1 cup frozen mixed berries, 1 cup of vanilla yogurt, half cup of milk, 4 ice cubes

Mom-to-2kids
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:30 AM
1 frozen banana, 4-5 chunks of frozen pineapple, 1/2cup oj, 1/2cup coconut water, 2 mint leaves, and 5 slices of peeled cucumber. Yummy and refreshing!
PoisonEyeV
by _ on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:30 AM

It just has a very smoothe strawberry taste to it. If you don't like the taste of yogurt, you can barely tell it's in there.

Quoting RalphsMommy123: Which do you taste more, the vanilla yogurt or the fruit?
Quoting PoisonEyeV:

LukeWarmwater
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I use yogurt and juice and whatever fruit.

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:32 AM
If you freeze the bananas, it'll be thicker.
ZombieMeat37
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:32 AM

I make my smoothies a little different...I juice most of my ingredients, then add in some frozen fruit.

I juice one beet, 2 carrots, a mixture of baby kale, baby spinach and baby chard, 1 orange and one lemon. I put that juice into my blender and add frozen cherries and mangoes. I also mix in chia seeds for added protein.

haleysherman
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:35 AM
A banana, unsweetened vanilla almond milk, splenda, one ice cube and juice from half a lime. So good. I use splenda and almond milk but sugar and regular milk work well too.
lovelife350
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 9:36 AM

bump, i could use some new ideas too, i did see this one of pinterest that i liked.  it was one cup strawberries, 2 bananas , 1 cup ice and a can of 7up, it is more like a slushy but it taste awesome

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)