Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I sabotaged my friends wedding......

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 873 Replies
77 moms liked this

Ok, maybe it was wrong but she totally used me and really hurt my feelings!

For the past 8 months I had been by her side helping her make decisions on everything from colors/themes, cakes, bridesmaids dresses, everything! I'm very organized and really good at party planning. I love to throw baby shower and birthdays and they always turn out pretty awesome. Even thought about going into the party planning bizz.....

Anyway, I helped take care of a lot of things for her and even threw her a really nice bridal shower and put out a lot of money for her bachlorette party. The whole time we were discussing brides maids gowns, she kept saying what colors/styles everyone, including me, would look good in. She asked me to be a bridesmaid and I was really honored and excited as this was to be my first time in a wedding party.

Well two weeks ago I was asking her about the accessories she would like us all to have when she told me I couldn't be a brides maid because "her mother was making her make one of her cousins a bridesmaid"....uhm, well ok, far be it from me to demand to keep a spot in her wedding. But now with only four weeks to go, I haven't received an invitation either! I know they went out as she announced it on one of her pages that she sent them out already. When I called to ask her about it, she then told me that she went over her guest limit and had to take some people off the list.

WHAT?!?!? After everything I did?!?! I even fronted the down payment for the catering company! So with a hot head I called the company and canceled and asked for my deposit back! Let her figure things out on her own when she has at least a hundred guest to feed.

So....am I really that wrong?

1. I have not told her yet and don't know that I will

2. We no longer work together but we werestill hanging out after we both got different jobs.

3. She was showing Bridezilla tendencies but I never argued with her, just helped her get what she wanted. (It's not my day) So we never actually had a fight about anything. This pretty much blind sided me.

UPDATE; I talked to the sister that is actually still a decent human being and she told me that the reason I was un-made a brides maid was "because I gained too much weight and then she un-invited me so that I wouldn't sit there and make her feel guilty about her desicion. That it was her day and she shouldn't have to worry about things like that." I also found out that the girl that replaced me as a brides maid isn't a cousin, just a more attractive co-worker. I  have an injury in my knee and so it has made it hard to hit the gym lately so I have gained a some weight. She never mind she wasn't so skinny when I first met her and we actually became friends by going to the gym together. Ever since she met her fiance, she's been sort of different. He's an ok guy, kinda shallow.  I did feel we were growing apart and I get she has the love of her life now. I just thought I would help her out to hopefully bring us closer together again. I NEVER did this to get something out of it. After what I was told I'm not going to say anything, I don't care what anybody says! I've been crying all morning.

The good sister was vowing to tell her sister to find another maid of honor as well but I told her she shouldn't do that to family. I haven't told the good sister yet either about pulling the plug on the catering. I do plan to tell her right before so that she can at least get something to eat before hand.I don't even consider that "person" a human being....

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM
51 moms liked this

clapping

pippi311
by Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM
41 moms liked this

If this is true, I can't say I blame you as I might be tempted to do the same.

corticosteroid
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:23 PM
130 moms liked this

I don't care if this is a troll post or not, that's freaking awesome.

tansyflower
by on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:23 PM
4 moms liked this
The real question is did it make you feel better?
zionsmom1
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:24 PM
9 moms liked this
Hell no u arent wrong seems like she used you, who goes from bridesmaid to not even a guest? U can go to shower and bachelorette party and give gifts but not go lol good for you!
waddellfamily
by *NuTTerBuTTer :)* on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:24 PM
6 moms liked this
I say no. I would have done the exact same thing! That was very wrong of her considering how much you helped her out. F*** her is what I say!!
Seagodess
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:25 PM
12 moms liked this

I dont blame you. However I would let her know that you canceled it. Maybe wait a day or to though. Lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:25 PM
2 moms liked this
It was wrong but I would have done the same damn thing,
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Police on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:25 PM
4 moms liked this
Well shit, serves her right.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 4, 2014 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this
It kinda sounds like you were doing things to get something in return. But then again it sounds like your friend used and dumped you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)