Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

She WON!!! She WON!! :) UPDATE!! :) :)

Posted by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:20 AM
  • 274 Replies
68 moms liked this

This is My 10 year old DD Olivia  :)  today she competed in a huge Eisteddfod.  Which is a MAJOR performing arts comp.   They have singing, dance and musical instruments.     Today she sang 2 solo's in 2 different sections.      She WON!!!  She won FIRST prize and then Second prize!!!!  I am so so proud of her  :)  she was competing in the 12 and under sections today.  She has 2 more solo's to do tomorrow.  One is a muscial theatre song,  she is doing "Naughty"  from the musical Matilda   :)   Olivia has a deep passion for the perfoming arts.    She is my little star  :)

Today was another HUGE day!!   She had her first solo this morning and she got an Honorary Mention and then the high light was this afternoon.  I was so nervous LOL,  I was sitting in the theatre shaking hahaha.  Anyways,  she sang "Naughty"  from the musical Matilda and she SMASHED it!!   She was just awesome, amazing and incredible..  she owned that stage and shone!!!   She took out First Prize again   :) :)   She won $50 in prize money!!  so she was happy lol.     The Adjudicator is holding a Singing Master class tomorrow at the theatre and Olivia was invited to attend!!   It was a long nerve wracking and wonderful day :)

YES I am totally bragging but hey,  this is her moment and it is worth bragging about LOL.  reality will be back tomorrow haha

by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:21 AM
2 moms liked this
Aw yay! Congratulations to her! I can feel how proud you are through your post!
yo_ho
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations!
Missdameanor
by Not-a-felony on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:22 AM
That's great!!! Congrats to your dd!
livric
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you  :)   Sometimes I think my heart will burst with how proud of her I am  :)    And just to add,  I would still be this proud if she did not place at all  :)

Quoting MagicMonkey: Aw yay! Congratulations to her! I can feel how proud you are through your post!

TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
She looks like she has quite the personality.
TheFairest
by Zombie on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this
Yay, she's cute!
livric
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:28 AM

LOL,  you said it!!   She is a BORN performer  :)   she lives to perform.  She wants to go to the National Institute of Dramatic Art Here in Australia when she is older.   She has major goals this girl  :)

Quoting TrouserMouse: She looks like she has quite the personality.

cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow! Congratulations to her!

Your daughter looks a lot like Abigail Breslin in this picture(when she was about your daughter's age)

livric
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:29 AM

lol,  thank you !!   I think so too...  not that I am biased at all hahaha

Quoting TheFairest: Yay, she's cute!

livric
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 7:30 AM

Oh thank you :)  I am not sure who that is....  off to google lol

Quoting cinnamonkiti:

Wow! Congratulations to her!

Your daughter looks a lot like Abigail Breslin in this picture(when she was about your daughter's age)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN