Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Oh, you couldn't breastfeed?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 632 Replies
26 moms liked this
First, let me start by saying if someone chooses not to bf, I don't care. Your choice. What really bugs me though, is the women who say they couldn't when they really could and just use that as an excuse instead of just being honest and saying they didn't want to. A girl I know said her baby wouldn't latch well in the hospital so they stopped for formula on the way home after trying for maybe 2 days and said she "couldn't because her baby couldn't latch." Drives me nuts!

Let me edit because about 95% of you are unable to comprehend.

If you don't want to bf or decided it was too much work and you just decided it wasn't for you, FINE, but then don't go around making up reasons to please people about how you couldn't when very few truly can't. Just SAY you didn't want to. THAT is my issue.
Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:37 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't care if someone does or not or what their reasons are.
Queenme101
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:37 PM
24 moms liked this
Why is it any of your business? Sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands to worry about how other people feed their kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kimicora
by Silver Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:38 PM
7 moms liked this

I'd agree with you on that,

I really couldn't though, My milk did come in and we tried for 2 months before we gave up and gave my son a bottle, we syringe fed him. His latch was terrible and anytime he'd latch within minutes he'd get fussy, the pump tore me up, and i also have PCOS. Around 2 months my supply started dropping fast, No matter what i did, because my hormones were going back to having too much testostrone. I wish i could have. I plan on trying with this next kid again.

But women who choose not to and claim they couldn't irk me too.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:38 PM
36 moms liked this
OMG I seriously think there is something wrong with women who feel so strongly about the way other women feed their kids. Good Lord. The baby got fed. Who cares?!
hismommy2010
by Gold Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Why care? You dont know there may have been a real issue. Maybe the baby wasnt eatn so she felt it was needed to get formula so she didnt starve? I bf. but its not my business if another did or not. Or what their reason was for not bfng.
cinnamonkiti
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM
7 moms liked this

Some women actually can't, you know....

Pink_Sunshine_
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly

Quoting Queenme101: Why is it any of your business? Sounds like you have a lot of time on your hands to worry about how other people feed their kids.
Mom-to-2kids
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Why does it even bother you so much?
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:39 PM
9 moms liked this

So you expected her not to feed the baby for two days and to just keep on trying? 

MomTo2Boys12
by on Jun. 5, 2014 at 12:40 PM
I don't really care. It's not my life, it's not my children, why should o give my two cents? We all have our reasons, we don't HAVE to say what they are.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)