Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

EDIT: If you are not a single mom STOP saying that s***

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:07 AM
  • 570 Replies
28 moms liked this
I am so tired of women on here who have dh/so say they feel like a single mom YOU ARE NOT ONE SO STOP SAYING THAT SH*T. Come to me when you have to take your kid to the flipping gyn because you can't miss your appointment but no one is available to babysit. Because that is what singlemoms have to do we have to find BABYSITTERS to do tasks child/children free just because your simple behind decided to let your so/dh off scot free and not carry his half of the responsibilities does not make you a single mom. Ughhhh

Rant over

And before any of you trifling heifers say it I did not choose to be a single parent I was in a 3 year relationship when I got pregnant he was great for the first 6 months after birth and then we broke up and shit hit the fan in ways I never even imagined possible from him.

Edit: So apparently every married mom who has had a moment of feeling unsupported has been outraged by my post and apparently I am some jealous, bitter woman who will be single forever. Lawd God LMBO

For those who FEEL like I have no right to make a comment this is a public forum so if you don't like it don't comment. If I was a married women complaining about my lazy dh/so and said I feel like a single mom the same women would be on here damning my dh and telling me I wasn't a single mom so stop saying it. SO NOW that a single mom is saying it I am out of bounds. LOL OK

Also my doc appointment example seems to have set fire to some of these mom's behinds. well in my world of married mom's taking ones child to a gyn appointment is outrageous and none of my friends are wealthy some of their husbands have multiple jobs but they work it out where they are available to mind there children while wife is busy.
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:10 AM
28 moms liked this
I agree that it is very annoying when married/ in a committed relationship women compare themselves to single moms.
Loveavision
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:10 AM
69 moms liked this
I'm not a single mom, and I still have had to take DS to OB appointments, and other places a toddler shouldn't go.

This kind of post irritates the shit out of me. Sorry you're a single mom, but we all have struggles.
IDGAF-
by NO1CURR on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:11 AM

I agree and I'm married.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:11 AM
13 moms liked this
Bitter much? Or just jealous?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:12 AM
33 moms liked this
You know what? I'm sorry your life sucks but every person in this world has issues and can be frustrated about them. And if they don't feel supported by someone well so be it. Wtf does everything have to be a contest with you people? Oh I have to do this so my life is so much worse than yours. Come on this is life..we all have shit and have every right to complain about it. And I am not single and I never felt like a single mom in my life. But I still have stuff that bothers me and sucks and you,me and everyone else has a right to say it. Oh I have a harder time than you. this just isn't high school anymore
MrsViau
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:12 AM
3 moms liked this
Same here. I took my son to all my ob appts and even my follow up appts after my surgery. I don't think it's the end of the world to take them.

Quoting Loveavision: I'm not a single mom, and I still have had to take DS to OB appointments, and other places a toddler shouldn't go.

This kind of post irritates the shit out of me. Sorry you're a single mom, but we all have struggles.
MrsViau
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:13 AM
1 mom liked this
Agreed!!

Quoting Anonymous: You know what? I'm sorry your life sucks but every person in this world has issues and can be frustrated about them. And if they don't feel supported by someone well so be it. Wtf does everything have to be a contest with you people? Oh I have to do this so my life is so much worse than yours. Come on this is life..we all have shit and have every right to complain about it. And I am not single and I never felt like a single mom in my life. But I still have stuff that bothers me and sucks and you,me and everyone else has a right to say it. Oh I have a harder time than you. this just isn't high school anymore
TableforSeven
by Platinum Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:13 AM
35 moms liked this

Married moms have to find babysitters too if we want to do things child-free.  Especially those of us who's DHs work long hours or have to travel a lot for work.  To us it feels like being a single-mother sometimes.....if that phrase bothers a real single-mom, so be it.  Your opinion on the use of a term doesn't affect the way we mig be feeling at the moment.

newfound09
by Platinum Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:14 AM
16 moms liked this
I know what post you are spinning off of, and she said she felt like that not that she was. Very few people want to be a single parent and when those who are in relationships start to feel like they are the only caregiver to their children they start to feel alone. Like a single parent. It happens. Just because what seems like not a big deal to one person is a huge deal to another we deal with things differently, no need to belittle how someone else feels. Those are get feelings and she has a right to feel that way.
chairhead28
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:15 AM
4 moms liked this
Hmmm..I am not a single mom and I've still had to take my kids to the GYN before because I do not live near family that can watch them, my husband works hours that are during appt times, etc. I do not trust babysitters, as my son is SN.

So, I've had to do things like that plenty of times. However, I don't bitch and complain about it-it is what it is.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)