Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is This CPS worthy? Update

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:56 AM
  • 170 Replies
1 mom liked this

I've posted before about a special needs boy that bullies my special needs daughter. It got bad enough that I filed a police report the beginning of May. Well, recently more and more information has been coming my way. This is the information I already knew...

He's being raised by his father and step mother. His biological mother isn't in the picture. He has severe behavioral issues, is on the low end of cognitive functioning, and is partially blind. His step mother told me that when he pinched my daughter she "pinched him the whole way home" and when he kicked my daughter she "kicked his butt all over the house". I told the sheriff's dept. this when I filed the report and subsequently told CPS when they showed up at my door about it.

I found out today that he is expected to spend all day at the dining room table. He isn't allowed to play or do normal kid things. He is fed dinner at around 4pm and is sent to bed at 5pm. He is expected to stay in his room until morning. The step mother has 2 other children. She tells them right in front of him that they are not allowed to play with the boy because "he's crazy". She often takes her 2 children shopping and buys them whatever they want but then complains about having to buy the boy underwear. She also disciplines him harshly (tit for tat method). She herself has admitted to pinching, smacking, and kicking the boy, as well as spitting in his face.

The father is right on board with the discipline. He's been known to get in the boys face and yell "you want to hit me? Hit me, hit me". The boy is 7. If the boy loses his temper and swings at his father, his father will "beat him sideways 'til Sunday" (whatever that means).

The information laid out is a combination of two different sources. The first is the step mother herself who spoke to me this morning about how she 'parents' him. The second is the step mothers best friend (who is the mother of another of my daughter's classmates).

I feel like this is abuse but it could just be that I parent so completely different that it just seems off to me. I'm not sure if it's CPS worthy...

Do I call?

UPDATE:

Thank you all for your input. I made the call. I told them every detail that I've been told, as well as some things I witnessed and things that were reported to me by my daughter. I gave them as much information as I possibly could. I also called their teacher (we're very close) and told her what I did. I asked her to please keep a close eye on him, just in case there are repercussions. I honestly wish I could just go take him and bring him into my home. My heart breaks for him. I look at my little girl and couldn't imagine someone treating her that way. 

by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I so would
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:59 AM
3 moms liked this
CALL like yesterday!!!!!!!! Def cps worthy!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:00 AM

yes, i would say something to CPS. He needs help and obviously is NOT getting that at home.

LilysMama719
by Emmy on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:01 AM
Yes. That's horrible.
ShyPiper
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Yeah I'd say that is more than worthy. The parents sound like they don't even realize what they are doing is wrong... They need parenting classes or something. 

TrouserMouse
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:03 AM
Yes.
mrs.marks
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:03 AM

That poor little boy.

MamaJess9
by Platinum Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:04 AM
It's absolutely CPS worthy. Please call for that poor little boy.
tmsbear
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:05 AM

YES

SoccerMomQuin
by Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 10:05 AM
3 moms liked this

More than worthy!!! Call ASAP. No wonder he has behavior issues, he is being abused.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)