Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you have a swimming pool at home?

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:37 PM
  • 171 Replies

When did you first start swimming lessons for your children?

by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Ruby Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:39 PM

No we don't have a pool but we started swim lessons when the kids were around 4 years old. 

notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:39 PM
Formal lessons?
monkeyrhea
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Yes, but they have never had lessons.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Yes I have a pool but my 3 boys no how to swim and my daughter has floats on her arms and knows not to jump in without them. And I taught them myself.
suetoo
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:49 PM
1 mom liked this

We live on a lake and have a small dock with swim ladder. We started our infants as soon as it warmed up enough. We introduced them to the water and waves and splashes, AND the RULES in a fun way at their own pace. We keep a small wading pool and beach toys down there and fill it with sun warmed bucketfuls of water and they love it, now my grand kids are learning the way my DDs did. They learn how much fun the 'big' water is, and go in when they're ready.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:56 PM

We do. we started teaching her how to swim when she was about 1.5. She is now 4. She uses floaties, but knows how to swim. She just prefers to wear them right now.

2pink1blue
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:57 PM

We don't have a pool in our yard but we have a tennis/swim club in town that we belong to.  All three kids knew how to swim well before they turned 3.  I grew up in AZ and pool safety has awlays been a big deal to me.

Stephw1110
by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:59 PM
We have pool. I am currently enrolling my 4 year old in lessons. He loves the water but fortunately will not go anywhere close to it without his puddle jumper on. I'm actually a little worried about getting him to participate in the lesson without the puddle jumper
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:01 PM

Not a pool at my home, but the community I live in has one.  My kids started swim lessons about age 1.5.  We live on the water and kids must know how to swim/save themselves here.

goldpandora
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 1:01 PM

We have a pool and had them in it as soon as the weather and the water were warm enough. They'd have been around 7 months old ...

They're now 11 and have been swimming for years. One goes to two training sessions per week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)